« Home

Have you seen "The Dream Giver"?

It is said that the definition of “insanity” is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. My business has made me rethink about how I live my life, and I’ve made a lot of changes. The best part of working in this industry we call Network Marketing is how motivational it is. This industry is packed with Personal Development and Motivational books, tapes, e-books, and even message boards like this one. I started to first feed my mind with these same books, tapes, e-books, and message boards. Once I started to get my mind in shape I then dropped about 20 pounds feeding my body the right type of food, and I recently started exercising. I feel better than I have in years both mentally and physically. I feel alive and vibrant and when I take action, I feel strong and confident.

How could I still feel something is missing?

I’m what’s known as a P.K. (Preachers Kid) I like to refer to myself as a T.O. (Theological Offspring) I don’t know how many of you either are, or have ever known a P.K. We are a rebellious bread who tend to be some of the biggest “Hell Raisers” you may have ever known. We need to prove to the world that we are not the “Angels” everyone expects us to be since we come from such religious bread.

Even after 41 years, I still have a hard time with the concept of allowing God into my life and asking Him for help. It’s something I’ve really struggled with and I know I shouldn’t. Even without asking, I know He has put people and circumstances in my life at just the right time. There has only been one time in my life that I really feel I’ve been able to surrender and let God take over. I’m also a recovering alcoholic. Without turning my sobriety over 16 years ago, I wouldn’t be where I am today. (I might not even be alive today.)

About a month ago, one of my upline introduced a book to all of us. He gave this book as a gift to someone who is having wonderful success in our business. I admire and respect both of these gentlemen and aspire to model myself after them. When my sponsor told me this book was a must read, I went out and got the CD the next day. Both my wife and I listened to the entire book while driving to a family vacation two weeks ago. It was like nothing I had ever heard, and really started to bring to the forefront my belief system. This book talks about spirituality which I was able to listen to thanks to what I have learned from other tapes and messages I have found in this industry. (A mind is like a parachute, it don’t work if it’s not open.) I was also able to connect with the story, and the main character in the book. I could relate and find direct correlations to what I was going through in my own journey.

Because of this book, like everything else I’ve read, I want to put it into action. I made the decision to visit a church with my family Sunday morning. I’ve always considered myself spiritual, but have been doing it on my terms because of the whole P.K. thing. I know I often act like my 2 year old son and say “I can do it myself!” I also knew that the book was right, because it explained other feeling and emotions dead on that I had going on inside of me. I could no longer ignore the direction I felt I needed take in order to move my business to the next level. My wife was thrilled with the choice I made and we all got up and went to church. She has been actively involved in this church for some time without me.

As I’m sitting there listening to the minister and his message, he starts to talk about an author Bruce Wilkinson, and a book called “
The Dream Giver””, and how God gives each of us a dream. Some of us follow this dream, some of us don’t feel worthy enough to pursue the dream, and some of us feel it’s to overwhelming or to difficult to even think about any longer. This was the very book my upline recommended and I had been listening to for the last several weeks.
The message floored me and I knew what had been planted for me as a seed just 3 weeks ago. People, places, ideas, and directions all became clear and thumped me over the head with a sledge hammer.

Some of us pursue our dream. Some don’t realize we even had a dream deep down inside until we get into the business. But I can say with certainty each and every one of us has a dream right now. We are born with it. This industry does a wonderful job about helping us dream. Sometimes we even achieve them! This industry is full of filling our minds with great information, and even talks about keeping physically fit to help us perform better.

But I don’t believe it does enough for all three, Mind, Body, and Soul. We tend to keep religion, like politics, out of any conversations or topics.

After this experience however, I can’t ignore what it’s done for me. This form is for sharing ideas and concepts that we find moves us and motivates us to achieve success in this industry. If you are chasing a dream like I am, and would like to connect with a journey we all go through in this industry, I would highly recommend
"The Dream Giver” by Bruce Wilkinson. Yes, it is spiritually based, and it does talk about God. He’s someone who I know has been working in my business, even without asking. He’s patiently waited on the sidelines letting me find my own way, but giving me clues that He needs to be more involved in my journey and my business.

Thanks for letting me share.

Doug & Ronda Bauknight
AKA:
TravelPro
Travel Agent / Networker

Phone: 678.458.5812

Learn How To Become A Travel Agent
Image

Book Your Travel & Vacations With


Travel Reservations: 1.800.243.4450

RTA #24635



WoW Doug!!! What a testimony! I know about P.Ks also. There is an annointing on you and I realized it when I first started readig your blogs. I had no idea of your background at that time. It is so obvious. God has given your such favor. I have to go and get this book. Thanks for sharing!
Its also good to see where you started 3 years ago.
Looking forward to seeing you at the convention in 9 days!

Post a Comment

About Us

  • We're TravelPro
  • AKA: TravelPro
  • From Hot-Lanta!, Georgia, United States
  • YTB Travel Network is 130,000 Agents strong. Join a winning group of Travel and Networking Professionals who share effective ways to sell more travel, market effectively, attract quality people, and how to train those people to capture a bigger piece of our $7 Trillion Dollar Industry. Just Picture It Now!
Our profile

Previous posts


View my page on The YTB Travel Family

Top Travel Blogs 

  Submit Your Site To The Web's Top 50 Search Engines for Free! Add to Technorati Favorites

Who links to me?