« Home | Breaking The 4 Minute Mile... » | Have you seen "The Dream Giver"? »

Christmas Joy

I’ve noticed a big change in our society in recent years. I was watching the news one afternoon at lunch and CNN mentioned the lighting of Nations “Holiday Tree”. I looked up to find that this object looked very much like a “Christmas Tree”. In this day and age of Political Correctness the main stream media over the years has made a distinct change in the way they report this wonderful season we use to call “Christmas”. Make no mistake; it’s a conscious effort on their part.

That evening, I went to my daughter’s school for a Christmas Recital and listened to her sing with her classmates “Happy Birthday Jesus” and am thankful that my wife and I are able to surround her with the true meaning of Christmas. I love hearing her talk about the birth of baby Jesus. But at the same time, I wonder what kind of world she will be growing up in, one that finds it safer not to offend anyone, and will put others beliefs ahead of their own.

By the way…I took a very unscientific poll later that afternoon as well. One that asked the question, what kind of tree people have in their home this year. Not a single person called it a “Holiday Tree”, so I guess our common man has more sense than our journalists on CNN and NBC News. We too, have a “Christmas Tree” in our home.

Growing up, my father had very simple Christmas lights on the house. It was three letters made of wood that he cut out of plywood stapled lights to himself. It spelled JOY. Now that I’m an adult, I have just a little more elaborate lighting system on the house, one that’s actually automated to come on every night and every morning. I have a spotlight that can project images up on our garage door. I change out the images throughout the season, starting with Happy Thanksgiving and ending with Happy New Year. In the middle of those two images however are those same three little letters that I am proud to display…JOY.

May the Christmas Season and the New Year bring you and your family JOY.


Doug & Ronda Bauknight
AKA:
TravelPro
Travel Agent / Networker

Phone: 678.458.5812

Learn How To Become A Travel Agent
Image

Book Your Travel & Vacations With


Travel Reservations: 1.800.243.4450

RTA #24635

Top Travel Blogs 

  Submit Your Site To The Web's Top 50 Search Engines for Free! Add to Technorati Favorites

Who links to me?