« Home | It's Always Nice To Have Options... » | "Be My Valentine" » | Seeing is Believing… » | Welcome Canadian Team! » | Take a closer look... » | Don't Pick Up...and Don't Die! » | Letting It Go... » | Still Waiting? What the.... » | Let's Begin, at the Beginning » | Vicki Freed "The Magnificent" »

All a Big Misunderstanding…

Announcing Revolutionary New “Building On A Budget” For Home Business Owners:

All home business owners, (even you traditionalists) can now learn the best ways to build any home business nearly free, using these latest internet marketing techniques.
It can be ruthless and frustrating seeing others getting the “hits” because of Advertising with you simply can’t afford to do it yourself. Today, succeeding in the “work at home” arena is harder than ever with the painful advertising costs and “expensive” cut throat competition. Spending a small fortune to keep their businesses afloat, most home business owners find themselves throwing in the towel before they even begin.

With “Building On A Budget”, large pocketbooks may no longer be needed to grow a lucrative home business.

Both aspiring and success driven entrepreneurs who have little or no money to advertise, can learn the most potent ways to build any home business using the latest online marketing strategies, in many cases without spending a dime.

Anyone truly wanting to “build on a budget” can request their free case studies at: http://justpictureitnow.buildingonabudget.com/

“Building On A Budget” looks to be a dependable solution for all of today’s home business owners looking for maximum exposure without giving up their paycheck. For more info, visit http://justpictureitnow.buildingonabudget.com/


I think you'll be glad you did!
;-P

I started a huge task weeks ago when I promised John Frenaye that I would get his questions answered. ALL his questions. Over the next couple weeks due to the length of this list, I have focused on each of these questions one at a time. My goal here is not only to answer the question, but also point out why this question is even asked in the first place.

This will also be an excellent opportunity and tool for anyone with additional comments about each of the specific questions to get better clarification. Use the comments section to discuss each of the questions in greater detail. I remind you that I learned how to accomplish such a huge task from Brian Tracy and his courses, which teach that you focus on the each task one at a time, focus on the solution, break it down into manageable chunks, and before you know it, you’ve achieved your goal.


It should be a really fun debate, and for those of you in YTB, take this information and documentation and use it. Here are the questions we have gone over thus far.

Question #1 - Why a compensation plan takes 12 pages to define?

Question #2 - How YTB arrived at $226 Million in travel sold for 2006. (Still waiting.)

Question #3 - Why so little of the "training" at the annual convention was for travel. (OK, YTB only believes in training at other meetings. We can let this one go.)

Question #4 - How nearly 150,000 RTAs can pay in the course of 9 months $79 million dollars in website sales, fees, and training; and receive $9.3 million in return. (This is huge...anyone?)

Question #5 - And for those that say I don't get the math, I did not learn how nearly 150,000 people paid in $79 million dollars and only got $64 million in return. (Hello? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?)

Question #6 - Why it is a good thing to have your top executives selling off stock. (There were no takers on this one, so I am gonna assume that it probably is NOT a good thing as everyone initially thought.)

Question #7 - Why a 3:1 split was a good deal when two of the three shares are worthless. (Thanks to Doug for the most reasonable explanation of this. The split may have been a good deal but with the current value of the stock, it is anyone's guess.)

Question #8 - Why employees at YTB could not sell me a cruise on November 9th. (Still no answer on this one yet other than they don’t do anything till an RTA sells it. Well, the YTB site said to call them. Coach in an interview was touting how the res center is all staffed with professional agents. So, why is it that they cannot sell me a cruise, and how is it that they do not know that cruises do not depart from Phoenix?)


Question #9 -
Why when presented with facts and figures, the argument mysteriously turns to "you don't understand". (This is another one that we will just have to say...because that is the way it is.)


I would have to agree with John on this one. It’s amazing that some people can be so stubborn and bullheaded that they are unwilling to look at another side, or alternative. I’m sure we’ve all done it at some point in time. (Except me of course. ;-P)


I rely very heavily on documentation to back up what I have to say, providing links all over this blog to help prove or disprove what’s being thrown out there. I’ve stated several times here before that I follow the same guidelines as
Neil Boortz and Harv Ecker and that is “Don’t believe a word I say, unless you can verify it on your own to be true.” I question everything I come across, and will often find several sources that verify what I’ve been told. I also rely very heavily on personal experience, I know something works because I’ve been there, done that, and even bought the T-shirt that quotes the same.

I know this can be very difficult, even for me at times, I find myself looking just like the picture to the right when I read some of the garbage that’s posted. The key here is to stand your ground and present your facts and figures logically, without adding emotion into the equation. (Easier said then done, I know.) Often times, I will read something and my first reaction is to attack with emotion because I have been unsuccessful in proving my point and the opposition still doesn’t get it. It’s natural, and nobody likes to be made a fool or be told “they don’t get it”.

If you need to, take a break, step away, or do something else for awhile, and if it’s important enough to respond, you’ll have time to do so in due time. The nice thing about the internet with forums and blogs like these is that it will still be there when you come back. Often times when you re-read something, it’s shown in a whole new light. Sometimes for me, I’ll read something again and see that I’ve missed just one sentence or word in the text which is in fact relevant to the post or does prove a valid point. If so,
acknowledge it.

Letting someone know that you are willing to look at their side of the story goes a long way in adding credibility to issues and topics you have. It’s a two way street, and the objective here is to find a way that both Traditionalist and MLM’ers can co-exists. (Both John and I agree this is possible by the way.)

If however, they are still missing the context of your message, you need to logically, factually document what makes your position pass the mustard test. If you know your right and have the documentation to back it up, there is no need to bring emotion into the equation. If you can document it, it might look something
like this. I’ve spent years of study and time invested in being able to overcome objections. While some of it is tied to Network Marketing, much of it is found outside the MLM arena. In my course of study I’ve found when dealing with objections is this. If you can put yourself in the shoes of the other person, you have a far better chance of getting through. I’m not just talking about the “Feel, Felt, Found” approach, which is good, but you need to seriously put yourself in the shoes of the other person. I’ve said many times to prospects, this isn’t about me, it’s about you and what you want out of this business. The Anti-MLM crowd is a crafty bunch. They will answer direct answers and documentation with more questions. (Often times never acknowledging the documentation provided.) It’s like riding a bucking bronco or wresting a bull to the ground.

The key here isn’t to change anyone’s mind, the key is present your case in a rational, logical manor so that others who stumble upon the posts see the documentation for what it is. And you need to trust that they will. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve gotten calls or e-mails from someone who has stumbled upon a post or a thread that I stand out and they feel compelled to call or write.

Whenever I see someone resort to name calling or “you don’t understand” it’s a sure sign for me that they have nothing left to prove a point. It’s a last resort and while it certainly makes them feel better, it accomplishes nothing. In this day and age of anonymity on the internet I find that we’ve gotten very lax in our respect for one another. It sad, but true. It’s possible for me to be debating my next door neighbor on the internet and have them call me an “assclown” on the internet by an anonymous poster who doesn’t like what I have to say, while this person is in fact my next door neighbor. (One of the nicest, sweetest women I’ve known for the past decade. Who knew?)

With so much attention being centered specifically on YTB these days from people outside of the company who want to rid the world of YTB’ers or Network Marketing period for that matter, we get all kinds of opinions, figures, posts, and topics to discuss. If you can rise above the name calling, and the simple, “you don’t understand” and prove your points and your case logically, (even if the other person still doesn’t get it) someone will come along and agree.

As time goes by, your points and facts will come to light if true and the best example I can give you is company profits. I heard for years from the opposition that YTB wouldn’t last because we were loosing money hand over fist. We showed losses of MILLIONS for years. I knew and trusted that the company was re-investing money back into the company, as show by our new
120,000 square foot building renovation, or upgrades to our Booking Engine and Marketing sites. Sure enough, profits start to pop up and all of the sudden “bankruptcy” is no longer tied to YTB.

On June 23rd, the new Travel Weekly Power Rankings come out. While all those opposed to YTB saying that our numbers represent “Hosting Fees” for the time being…they will be hard pressed to keep this myth alive when YTB moves up the list from #35 to a Top 20 Agency in the industry. The goal for 2008 is $1 Billion in Travel Sales. Only 12 Agencies in the US have reached that mark.


Knowing this…does it really matter to you that some “don’t understand” right now?


Didn’t think so. We help them understand by walking the walk, not talking the talk.


Subscribe to Just Picture It Now for additional announcements and details!

Doug & Ronda Bauknight
AKA: TravelPro
Travel Agent / Networker

Phone: 678.458.5812


Learn How To Become A Travel Agent
Image

Book Your Travel & Vacations With


Travel Reservations: 1.800.243.4450

RTA #24635


Labels: , ,

Doug,

I find it interesting that your Blog does not get many comments. I am a RTA & Director. Thank you for sticking with the facts and not creating a soap opera like some other blogs that you may know. I guess some people find it hard to argue over facts.

Good Job Doug!!!!

Arguing over facts is indeed difficult. It is the arguing over misinformation, lies and blatant deception by YTB that is easy.

The YTB creedo--when confronted with a fact that pisses you off, deflect the conversation or say they don't understand. When that fails, point out that Travel Weekly said we were #35 and that we have a relationship with Shanghai Springs.

That ought to shut em up!
\
Calling names and saying any incoherent thing that comes to mind is always acceptable and encouraged!

"Calling names and saying any incoherent thing that comes to mind is always acceptable and encouraged!"

Not here.

Thank you however for sharing.

Post a Comment

About Us

  • We're TravelPro
  • AKA: TravelPro
  • From Hot-Lanta!, Georgia, United States
  • YTB Travel Network is 130,000 Agents strong. Join a winning group of Travel and Networking Professionals who share effective ways to sell more travel, market effectively, attract quality people, and how to train those people to capture a bigger piece of our $7 Trillion Dollar Industry. Just Picture It Now!
Our profile

View my page on The YTB Travel Family

Top Travel Blogs 

  Submit Your Site To The Web's Top 50 Search Engines for Free! Add to Technorati Favorites

Who links to me?