« Home | A Couple of Thoughts for The Extended Weekend... » | Travel Weekly Numbers Fact or Fiction... » | More Comments from "Petitioning Agents" » | Excuse Me...But She's Only Inhaled.... » | Debate and Conversations Continue Concerning YTB... » | And the Number Is... » | 24 Hour Carnival Cruise Event – November 8th! » | Sleeping With The Enemy... » | The Other Side of The Coin... » | Travel Professionals "Trying" to Unite. »

Houston...We Copy.

I got to tell you...it was good to get away with family for a number of days and get out of this mess going on in the Travel Industry for a couple of days. While I did have cell phone service, my in-laws don't even own a computer at the house let alone internet access on the farm in South Georgia. They do have and need one for the business they own, but home to them is not a place for a computer. I typically go through withdrawal myself when I'm down there, but this year was a little different. With all the negative energy and hate going on concerning Travel MLM's from some very vocal Traditional Agents, it was a much needed break to kind of recharge and be back in an environment that was not only positive, but supportive.

I spent part of the last few days trying to catch up on any new developments going on concerning our industry. Other than the common rhetoric going on with some of the message boards and various anti-MLM (YTB) Blogs it seems to be rather quite out there right now.

I wanted to share publicly some internal communications to let the rest of the world know that their concerns are not only being heard by me, but also the company.

YTB TRAVEL NETWORK TRADE SHOW GUIDELINES

VERY IMPORTANT: YOU ARE REPRESENTING YTB! TRAVEL TRADE SHOW ATTENDEES ARE YOUR PEERS, NOT PROSPECTS.

Travel Trade Shows are non-solicitation events and selling of advertising, products, or services by agent delegates is prohibited.

Spouses or guests are not permitted unless they are a bona fide home-based travel agent. Event management reserves the right to qualify all registrants and allow or prohibit anyone from attending the show who does not fit the travel agent criteria.

Dress code is business casual. No t-shirts are permitted, logo or otherwise. Please do not wear blue jeans or shorts.

Professionalism and ethical behavior is expected of all RTAs attending Travel Trade Show events. No marketing is permitted by agent delegates. Be sure to be respectful of travel suppliers and other attendees. Exhibit a positive attitude towards suppliers and their products. Remember that your behavior is a direct reflection of YTB and any infraction of the above policies may harm YTB and your teammates. Violations will be addressed by YTB Corporate.

Thank you to everyone for your cooperation as we strive to become the largest travel agency in the world!

Like I told everyone before the break, I've never personally witnessed any of the behavior personally being address, but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen. To me, it's silly that we even need to address this issue, as it's simple common courtesy to those who have been in this industry for much longer that any of us have. It's also extremely unprofessional as a business owner. I know most of the people involved in YTB and have attended many CRTA Trainings, Trade Shows and Supplier Sponsored events in the years I've been with the company. Everyone I've seen has in fact been "professional". There will always be a small percentage of irresponsible people in any company or organization that ruin it for the rest of us. YTB currently has 134,000 RTA's out in the field. While 99% could be working this business the right way, the remaining 1% still consists of over 1000 bad apples who reflect the entire company.

(I by the way have no way of knowing what the exact percentages of how many bad apples there are.)

One of my mentors, Rick Ricketts has been saying this quote for years, and I think it applies here.

"I get up every morning, looking for people who are looking for me."

Rick happens to be one of the most successful people in YTB, he's made millions with this company and he has one of the largest organizations in this company. We have a company approved video of Rick, and I want you to watch not only how he presents himself, but how he's dressed. I don't know why anyone would think that a vendor, a supplier, another Travel Agent would be "looking for you", but clearly they are not, so can we just let it go?

Part of the journey my last three years in YTB has been the incredible knowledge I've obtained not only about the travel industry, but being a business owner, and a true mentor and leader to the growing team I have assembled. I'm constantly learning and growing in all areas of this business and it's my sincere desire to be better tomorrow than I am today. While this growth and change can sometimes be uncomfortable, it's also required in order to achieve both personal and professional levels that most of us have always dreamed about since we've been little. It's my belief that those of us who have joined the ranks of YTB still have that dream and see YTB as the vehicle to achieve the levels we desire. I'm pleased to see how well equipped most of us are to not only welcome the change, but adapt to it.

I'm pleased to see that the company agrees that we need to grow and mature to become the largest Travel Agency in the world.


Subscribe to Just Picture It Now for additional announcements and details!

Doug & Ronda Bauknight
AKA: TravelPro
Travel Agent / Networker

Phone: 678.458.5812

Learn How To Become A Travel Agent
Image

Book Your Travel & Vacations With


Travel Reservations: 1.800.243.4450

RTA #24635

Labels: , ,

About Us

  • We're TravelPro
  • AKA: TravelPro
  • From Hot-Lanta!, Georgia, United States
  • YTB Travel Network is 130,000 Agents strong. Join a winning group of Travel and Networking Professionals who share effective ways to sell more travel, market effectively, attract quality people, and how to train those people to capture a bigger piece of our $7 Trillion Dollar Industry. Just Picture It Now!
Our profile

View my page on The YTB Travel Family

Top Travel Blogs 

  Submit Your Site To The Web's Top 50 Search Engines for Free! Add to Technorati Favorites

Who links to me?