« Home | Things That Make You Go "Hummmmm" » | How To "Spin" a FAM... » | YTB Partners For Exclusive 2008 Olympic Tour Packa... » | More Travel Industry Developements... » | More Press For YTB! » | It Is What It Is... » | The "Spin" On 12,000 Bookings... » | If It Aint Broke...Why Fix it? » | Redifining The Rules... » | Houston...We Copy. »

The Gift...

My kids are out of school for the Christmas Break. I had taken them to McDonald’s yesterday afternoon to run off some steam, and took the laptop with me to finish up on very comical Press Release type spoof on Coach showing up at the St. Louis Rams vs. Pittsburgh Steelers game on Thursday night. For those of you who don’t know, Coach grew up just outside of Pittsburgh on a tomato farm and while he does own season tickets to the St. Louis Rams, he is still a die hard Steelers fan at heart.

Thursday night while watching the game myself on NFL Network, the cameras panned the crowd to show all the Steelers faithful who showed up at the game. One of the camera shots was in fact Coach, front row and center with his Steelers garb. Part of my spoof was that he was going to send our
Pro Bowl Players to Honolulu, Hawaii, via our Two Fly Free program. While nobody was actually interviewed I did quote Coach as saying “I’m just so proud of these young men, I can hardly stand it.” (For those that know him the way I do, you know that’s exactly what he would say!)

I had other quotes from Coach such as tying his Tomato farming into how hard these Pro Bowl Players worked to get where they are. One stated, “You start the season during Training Camp, and you work hard, and you work hard and you don’t realize what you’re laying the ground work for.” I went on to spoof, “Now these fine young men are enjoying the fruits of their labor with a free trip to Hawaii…WOW!” (Is that not Coach?!)

So where is this gem? It’s still in my laptop and I don’t know if I’m going to be able to get it out. I came home ready to post it, and when I opened the laptop up, it wouldn’t boot up. My right arm has just been amputated and I don’t know if I’m going to be able to get it back. I’m sure it will, but the timing of it going down NOW will extend how long it will take for me to get it back up.

The family is heading up to Pittsburgh today for a week with my side of the family on a new piece of property they just bought. Some 30 acres of farm land by the Airport complete with a Gator, (A John Deer not the animal.) a few chickens, a horse and Lama. Yes, we are driving, as we do every Christmas due to all the presents and luggage that needs to be lugged up there. I might be able to work on it Sunday or take it to the
Geek Squad for service while there but you’ve got this holiday right in the middle of the week, that I know they won’t be working on my baby no matter how important this problem is to me.

By the way…my wife seems to feel that I’m over reacting and I need to take a break. For the record, I would be just as upset if she went down.

In closing…I would like to share the topic of THIS post finally.

A few weeks ago, John Frenaye and I were exchanging e-mails on a topic I can’t recall. (Nor can bring up since it’s saved on my broken computer.) During the exchange, John had mentioned that the next time he’s in Atlanta we should hook up for some drinks. I responded with the fact that I would love too however, alcohol has not been part of my life for some 18 years now. I’ve been clean and sober since October 15, 1989. That however, would not prevent me from having a drink with him, just as long as he didn’t mind my new drink of choice.

I knew this refreshment made quite an impression on him, and I’m surprised actually that he hasn’t written a piece on it for syndication on MSNBC yet. (No LA Times or Chicago Tribune for me?) However, yesterday, after returning home with the kids, I found a small box at the front door via the postal service. It was from none other than John Frenaye?! After discussing our options, we decided not to call the boom squad, but did remove the children from the room before opening this box.

Much to my delight and amusement, it was a Christmas card from the Frenaye’s with a small gift inside.

My drink of choice,
Kool-Aid!

I wish to extend my sincere thanks and appreciation to the entire Frenaye family for this kind and thoughtful gift during this season of giving.

Way too funny! Yet very appropriate!

Merry Christmas!



Subscribe to Just Picture It Now for additional announcements and details!

Doug & Ronda Bauknight
AKA: TravelPro
Travel Agent / Networker

Phone: 678.458.5812


Learn How To Become A Travel Agent
Image

Book Your Travel & Vacations With


Travel Reservations: 1.800.243.4450

RTA #24635

Labels: , , , ,

About Us

  • We're TravelPro
  • AKA: TravelPro
  • From Hot-Lanta!, Georgia, United States
  • YTB Travel Network is 130,000 Agents strong. Join a winning group of Travel and Networking Professionals who share effective ways to sell more travel, market effectively, attract quality people, and how to train those people to capture a bigger piece of our $7 Trillion Dollar Industry. Just Picture It Now!
Our profile

View my page on The YTB Travel Family

Top Travel Blogs 

  Submit Your Site To The Web's Top 50 Search Engines for Free! Add to Technorati Favorites

Who links to me?