« Home | "Yoi!" » | Extra! Extra! Read All About It! » | Wanna Get Lucky? » | All a Big Misunderstanding… » | It's Always Nice To Have Options... » | "Be My Valentine" » | Seeing is Believing… » | Welcome Canadian Team! » | Take a closer look... » | Don't Pick Up...and Don't Die! »

Cancel? What The Hell for?

Announcing Revolutionary New “Building On A Budget” For Home Business Owners:

All home business owners, (even you traditionalists) can now learn the best ways to build any home business nearly free, using these latest internet marketing techniques.
It can be ruthless and frustrating seeing others getting the “hits” because of Advertising with you simply can’t afford to do it yourself. Today, succeeding in the “work at home” arena is harder than ever with the painful advertising costs and “expensive” cut throat competition. Spending a small fortune to keep their businesses afloat, most home business owners find themselves throwing in the towel before they even begin.

With “Building On A Budget”, large pocketbooks may no longer be needed to grow a lucrative home business.

Both aspiring and success driven entrepreneurs who have little or no money to advertise, can learn the most potent ways to build any home business using the latest online marketing strategies, in many cases without spending a dime.

Anyone truly wanting to “build on a budget” can request their free case studies at: http://justpictureitnow.buildingonabudget.com/

“Building On A Budget” looks to be a dependable solution for all of today’s home business owners looking for maximum exposure without giving up their paycheck. For more info, visit http://justpictureitnow.buildingonabudget.com/


I think you'll be glad you did!
;-P

I started a huge task weeks ago when I promised John Frenaye that I would get his questions answered. ALL his questions. Over the next couple weeks due to the length of this list, I have focused on each of these questions one at a time. My goal here is not only to answer the question, but also point out why this question is even asked in the first place.

This will also be an excellent opportunity and tool for anyone with additional comments about each of the specific questions to get better clarification. Use the comments section to discuss each of the questions in greater detail. I remind you that I learned how to accomplish such a huge task from Brian Tracy and his courses, which teach that you focus on the each task one at a time, focus on the solution, break it down into manageable chunks, and before you know it, you’ve achieved your goal.


It should be a really fun debate, and for those of you in YTB, take this information and documentation and use it. Here are the questions we have gone over thus far.

Question #1 - Why a compensation plan takes 12 pages to define?

Question #2 - How YTB arrived at $226 Million in travel sold for 2006. (Still waiting.)

Question #3 - Why so little of the "training" at the annual convention was for travel. (OK, YTB only believes in training at other meetings. We can let this one go.)

Question #4 - How nearly 150,000 RTAs can pay in the course of 9 months $79 million dollars in website sales, fees, and training; and receive $9.3 million in return. (This is huge...anyone?)

Question #5 - And for those that say I don't get the math, I did not learn how nearly 150,000 people paid in $79 million dollars and only got $64 million in return. (Hello? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?)

Question #6 - Why it is a good thing to have your top executives selling off stock. (There were no takers on this one, so I am gonna assume that it probably is NOT a good thing as everyone initially thought.)

Question #7 - Why a 3:1 split was a good deal when two of the three shares are worthless. (Thanks to Doug for the most reasonable explanation of this. The split may have been a good deal but with the current value of the stock, it is anyone's guess.)

Question #8 - Why employees at YTB could not sell me a cruise on November 9th. (Still no answer on this one yet other than they don’t do anything till an RTA sells it. Well, the YTB site said to call them. Coach in an interview was touting how the res center is all staffed with professional agents. So, why is it that they cannot sell me a cruise, and how is it that they do not know that cruises do not depart from Phoenix?)


Question #9 - Why when presented with facts and figures, the argument mysteriously turns to "you don't understand". (This is another one that we will just have to say...because that is the way it is.)


Question #10 - How many RTAs drop out in a month...a year..... (This number I fear will NEVER be known.)

Question #11 - How long does an RTA continue to pay the fee before canceling? (Answered. They continue to pay as long as YTB continues to charge them and they jump through the hoops to get them to stop.)

Of course John would like you to believe that you have to jump through hoops. It wouldn’t be John if he didn’t. John, (and others) have a very unique way of twisting words, concepts, and ideas to mean something completely different from its original intent. Anyone who can take a training program like E-Campus, designed by Dr. Marc Mancini, probably the most highly respected speakers, educators, consultants and authors in our industry, and turn a contest drawing around to mean only 5 RTA’s out of 140,000 actually took this training…

Let’s just say there is a substantial disconnect when it comes to who YTB is and what we do. We’ll talk more about this however in John’s next question of what a misunderstanding is.

By the way YTB, you do know Course 103 is now available, right? John did say that YTB could not have chosen a better person and organization for their training programs (in that regard, he’s right on mark) so get after it!

I don’t know were I was when this “revelation” was brought to light that we have to jump through hoops, but like most of what we have been talking about lately, things aren’t exactly what John perceives them to be. Our RTA agreement is based on a month to month basis. There are no long term contracts, and anyone can cancel at any time. All that is require is submitting something in writing. This can be done either via snail mail, or e-mail. YTB also has an option of doing so via a “Support Ticket” under “Web Site - Cancellation”.

An RTA will be unsuccessful in is submitting the request via phone, which is how most would like to do so. While I do understand this is probably the easiest alternative, YTB needs to have some form of documentation in order to fulfill this request. You didn’t sign up via phone, so you can’t cancel by phone.

We learned in my last post that the majority of RTA’s happen to like being an RTA with YTB. What an individual’s reasons are is entirely up to them. I don’t know about you, but if I had a pay day coming to me like this RTA with a group scheduled for April of 2009, what do you think the chances are of this RTA cancelling even if they don’t make a single dime in travel before then? I can’t speak for all 140,000 as to why they want to stick with the company. The remaining minority, who do not find value in their YTB business, will also vary. This business isn’t for everyone, and when some people find out that a four letter word is involved (w-o-r-k) in order to build and profit from this business, their perspective of the business changes. While this is a very simple program and business model, it’s not “easy”.

There are people who do perceive this business model as a “get rich quick” type deal, and an argument could be made that it’s sold that way based on what I’ve read in SPAM e-mail’s and web sites surrounding this industry. I don’t see this perception being driven by YTB however. (I know I don’t.) I have numbers of team members who have signed up, got themselves trained, and actually sold travel, and because of the way this industry operates, we don’t see the fruits of our labor until after the travel has been consumed.

Many in our company who have been trained properly understand this. While the opposition was screaming last year that 60,000 RTA’s only produced $7 Million in Travel Commissions, some of us had Travel Bookings in the wings to produce $14 Million in commissions inside of the first 9 months of 2007. Those of us who knew this was coming for us, obviously continued to pay our monthly fees. With $18-24 Billion spent each year in Groups and Tours alone, there is plenty of money to be made for those of us who want to go after it.

I can’t do that however if I “cancel”.
;-P

Subscribe to Just Picture It Now for additional announcements and details!

Doug & Ronda Bauknight
AKA: TravelPro
Travel Agent / Networker

Phone: 678.458.5812


Learn How To Become A Travel Agent
Image

Book Your Travel & Vacations With


Travel Reservations: 1.800.243.4450

RTA #24635



Labels: , , ,

How many took the first Mancini course? That number was left out of the mix? Or are you waiting for a SAP program to let you know?

You got $7M in commission last year and had $14M in commission in the wings. $21M total. So, there are 60K RTAs (and we know there were more than 60K throughout the first 9 months of 2007 but we will give you the benefit of the doubt here) all paying $50 a month waiting for that payday of $350? Again, where is the sense. Sure it is a helluva lot better than the $116 payday at $7M but in 7 months, you have lost all your commissions on the website fees alone!

I understand that YTB has been so good to you, but maybe not THAT good? I notice the last few posts you are now promoting a new program?

I honestly don’t know how many took the course. I’ve taken them, and you notice my name wasn’t picked in the drawing. Based on what you perceive to be true, my odds suck and I should be pissed off for not being picked.

Since you happen to be pals with Marc, I would think you can get the answer from him.

John, quite honestly, I don’t understand the sense of taking all 60K, 100k, or 200K in a program like ours and pretending that everyone is doomed to making only $116 in Travel Commissions. My son and daughter will be collecting Easter Eggs in about a month, and the teachers will be collecting all the baskets and dividing all the Easter Eggs equally among the children. I can tell you that YTB let’s me keep whatever Travel commissions I sell. I doubt you do the same in your office of IC’s, but if you do, that’s your business. I would suggest to your IC’s find a better boss that rewards them for what they can produce.

Yes, YTB has been very good to me. I happened to find a program that like YTB I wanted to share. Much like I share favorite Authors I’ve found inspiration from, programs and seminars that helped me understand that I create my own life and circumstances. I’d like to help people find their way to success like I have. My readers can actually benefit from what I have to say. Like how to keep more of those Travel Commissions you make.

You on the other hand apparently don’t want people in YTB to find out how you can legally, ethically and legitimately benefit from owning your own home based business.

I notice you have a 6 in 1 pillow blanket on your blog along with some sort of Panda research…What that has to do with MLM and Travel Being a Bad Mix escapes me.

Post a Comment

About Us

  • We're TravelPro
  • AKA: TravelPro
  • From Hot-Lanta!, Georgia, United States
  • YTB Travel Network is 130,000 Agents strong. Join a winning group of Travel and Networking Professionals who share effective ways to sell more travel, market effectively, attract quality people, and how to train those people to capture a bigger piece of our $7 Trillion Dollar Industry. Just Picture It Now!
Our profile

View my page on The YTB Travel Family

Top Travel Blogs 

  Submit Your Site To The Web's Top 50 Search Engines for Free! Add to Technorati Favorites

Who links to me?