« Home | Top Tips For Becoming A Home Based Travel Agent » | Need a Tax Deduction? Own a Business! Continued... » | Need a Tax Deduction? Own a Business! » | The Belly of The Beast... » | Another Radio Interview on WGSR 710 AM » | Will You Be Mine? » | TravelPro & Pro YTB Banned from Scam.com » | Two Years...And Better Than Ever! » | WGUN 1010AM Radio Interview » | Meet the Founder's of YTB! »

Diamond Anniversary

I admit it…I’m spoiled. Some might even go as far as saying spoiled rotten, and they just might be right. Some 15 years ago I moved to Atlanta, found myself a true Southern Bell, and she agreed to marry me. I tell people all the time it was the best move I ever made. I couldn’t ask for a better soul mate, cook, mother of our children, home maker, and all around companion than what I have found in my real life woman of my dreams. I get teased all the time that I “Married Up” and I honestly have no defense, and would have to agree that I’m guilty as charged. I certainly hope that most don’t think it’s as drastic as Rod Stewart and Rachel Hunter, or Rick Ocasek and Paulina Porizkova. (One of those, what is SHE doing with HIM??!!) I would agree however she is the better half when it comes to this union.

I’m reminded of a quote in Monsters, Inc. when
Mike Wazowski tells Celia, “I remember the first time I set eye on you.” (I think I looked just like that picture too!) I was blown away. I came to find out that this woman was a former Miss Emanuel County and Miss Valdosta State. Beautiful, intelligent, and an extremely talented voice that makes your heart just melt. However, the cincher for me…the first time she made me Lasagnas. If the quickest way to a mans heart is through his stomach, this dish certainly did it for me. It was by far the best Lasagnas I ever had. (If anyone tells my mother, that my wife’s is better, I will flat out deny it!) I’m the luckiest man in the world to have someone who loves me as much as she does, and who takes pride in taking care of me the way she does.

They say that opposites attract, and I’ve known this to be true in other relationships and even in marriage. However, finding someone you have common interests in and similar backgrounds I believe is key in helping a relationship thrive. Ronda and I have so many things we enjoy doing together and like a lot of the same things. We both wanted children, and even found that we had picked out the same names for our kids when we were dating. (
Brittany and Brandon, who eventually changed to Brian.) We LOVE to travel and our passion is cruising. We are also both entrepreneurs, and have even found a business we enjoy working together, with YTB Travel Network. We still have our own interests and we’ve also found that each of us bring special qualities to the relationship. Ronda for example is a wiz with numbers and finances. I on the other hand am a wiz with anything dealing with the Pittsburgh Steelers. (Don’t knock it, in this household, it’s important!) It makes for a great combination!

Today, we celebrate our Diamond Anniversary, 10 years of marriage. It’s hard to believe that we’ve reached this milestone in our partnership; it certainly doesn’t feel that long. Of all the qualities I love about my wife, and there are many, there is one that stands out above all the rest. It’s the fact that the vows we shared ten years ago meant just as much to her as they did to me. Marriage means something to us, it’s an important union. There have been some rough times over the last ten years, but we both promised each other that we would stick together, for better or worse, sickness and in health, for richer or poorer. The vows we shared were important to both of us, and we both knew what it was like to have a partner that didn’t understand what that meaning meant.

We are off to the North Georgia Mountains for an extended weekend without the kids. (Thanks Mema and Pappa!) Before we left, I wanted to tell the world just how special she is, and how much she means to me. I am so happy and grateful she said yes. Because she did, I know that dreams can and do come true.


Doug & Ronda Bauknight
AKA: TravelPro
Travel Agent / Networker

Phone: 678.458.5812


Learn How To Become A Travel Agent
Image

Book Your Travel & Vacations With


Travel Reservations: 1.800.243.4450

RTA #24635

Labels: , , , ,

About Us

  • We're TravelPro
  • AKA: TravelPro
  • From Hot-Lanta!, Georgia, United States
  • YTB Travel Network is 130,000 Agents strong. Join a winning group of Travel and Networking Professionals who share effective ways to sell more travel, market effectively, attract quality people, and how to train those people to capture a bigger piece of our $7 Trillion Dollar Industry. Just Picture It Now!
Our profile

View my page on The YTB Travel Family

Top Travel Blogs 

  Submit Your Site To The Web's Top 50 Search Engines for Free! Add to Technorati Favorites

Who links to me?