« Home | Your Lucky Day... » | Thanks For Sharing... » | The World As I See It » | YTB Launches "Fast Start Program" for Networkers » | "Super Sleuth" » | Looking For Keys In The Dark » | Cancel? What The Hell for? » | "Yoi!" » | Extra! Extra! Read All About It! » | Wanna Get Lucky? »

A Kick-Butt Approach to a Better Life...

It’s been more than a year now since I was first introduced to a comedian named Larry Winget. Just by the looks of him you can certainly tell that he’s…well, not normal.

Now that I’ve recognized my current circumstances, taken responsibility for them, and am finding a plethora of ways to change them for the better, it’s no surprise that Larry popped back up in my life again. I’ve noticed a number of improvements to his web site, and that
he’s become quite popular since the last time I saw him. (Although I did see him on an MSNBC financial show that I can’t recall the name of. I don’t watch much TV these days.)

One of the main themes for our team this year, Paradise Network, is “Keep the main thing, the main thing”. (Or should I say “Glasses of Kool-aid poured?” ;-P) I got to thinking about that motto, and while I agree that this is a much more kinder, gentler way of telling everyone to stay focused on building our YTB business, for me, I kind of like Larry’s glass of Kook-aid better. Like the other catch phrase, “Keep the main thing, the main thing”, Larry basically says the same thing, (in my opinion) but with an edge that I think everyone in the Travel Industry could use right now. Larry calls it “a speech”, and based on his popularity right now, I can see how he could get paid a lot of money for making this speech. However, you won’t even need to sit down in order to hear this speech before it’s over.

In fact, it’s so simple, that
I’ve been able to memorize his speech, and I’ve taken it to heart.

Here goes….

“Shut up. Quit whining. Get a life!”

For those of you who haven’t heard this yet, it may offend you. If it has struck a nerve, rest assured, this speech applies to you. But there is hope and a way to calm the resentment, anger, or offensive nature of this speech. While Larry also refers to the exercise I’m about to mention, which I’ve been doing it for years, and still need to from time to time, (most recently within the past week or so) Larry has a bit more edge in his wording. It’s quite liberating by taking the weight of the world off your shoulders, while giving way and allowing for room to find solutions to fix your current situation instead of wallowing in all the problems of the world. While some of my other mentors have a different way of wording this, I think Larry happens to put if very well, and I suggest you try this word for word.

Go find the closest mirror, preferably in a bathroom somewhere that can show your entire upper body when doing this so you can get the full effect. Look that person you see in the mirror dead in the eye and say the following. “You know, the situation your in right now…is your own damn fault.” (Then watch his or her reaction. It’s a stitch!)

I haven’t always liked taking personal responsibility for my situation, and to a degree, I still don’t. I’m working on this too. Besides, it’s much easier to blame someone or something else. I believe that’s what we’ve been programmed to do. But the bottom line for everyone who is upset, angry, or disappointed about what’s going on in our industry right now be it YTB or Traditionalist, the real problem is you. You are the only person you have complete control over, no one else. Nothing has meaning except for the meaning that you give it. Like it or not, you put whatever tag your finding on Network Marketers, Traditionalists, or anyone else for that matter.

The only person I can control is Doug. The only person responsible for my situation is Doug. The only reason I experience failure or success is because of what Doug thinks about and acts upon. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Focusing on problems only creates more problems. Take a look at the
long list of problems I focused on, and tell me that I don’t aquire a problem that I didn't have before. When I attempted to take ownership of someone else’s problems, it’s no surprise that these issues suddenly became my own with a hoard of other problems piled on to boot. It limited my thinking, and my time by focusing on what I’ve always been told not to do and that’s buying into narrow minded, negative thinking and actions.

I don’t think Larry’s message or tone is for everyone. Not everyone needs to be slapped upside the back of the head like Larry tries to do. It is however the same message I’ve been reading and studying for years from other teachers and mentors that I admire and try to model. (You can find a pictures of most of them to the right.) Larry has obviously created a level of success that most of us only dream about, and because he has, his message, no matter how raw or offensive it is to some, still has merit.

Think about it and try it, just for today and see how it goes.


Shut up. Quit whining. And get a life for just one day and see how it goes. You may surprise yourself.


YTB Members: Subscribe to my weekly Newsletter!


Doug & Ronda Bauknight
AKA: TravelPro
Travel Agent / Networker

Phone: 678.458.5812


Learn How To Become A Travel Agent
Image

Book Your Travel & Vacations With


Travel Reservations: 1.800.243.4450

RTA #24635

Labels: , , , , ,

About Us

  • We're TravelPro
  • AKA: TravelPro
  • From Hot-Lanta!, Georgia, United States
  • YTB Travel Network is 130,000 Agents strong. Join a winning group of Travel and Networking Professionals who share effective ways to sell more travel, market effectively, attract quality people, and how to train those people to capture a bigger piece of our $7 Trillion Dollar Industry. Just Picture It Now!
Our profile

View my page on The YTB Travel Family

Top Travel Blogs 

  Submit Your Site To The Web's Top 50 Search Engines for Free! Add to Technorati Favorites

Who links to me?