« Home | All The Rage.... » | A Royal Proclamation...In PINK! » | Walk Softly, But Carry a BIG Stick! » | Some Light At The End Of This Tunnel... » | Forthcoming Proposal » | Don't Like Change? Leave It Here! » | Double Trouble » | Changing of The Guard » | Cover Story...YTB's Lady Liberty » | YTB's Lady Liberty Story to Air Tonight »

…And The Nominees Are

Every once in a while I see something that surprises even me. I was just sent an e-mail from someone who told me to take a look at what he had found.

Much to my delight, I’ve been nominated for a Blogger Choice Award as the Best Travel Blog. I have no idea when it happened, who nominated me, or just why I was nominated. Frankly, I don’t care and have to admit, it’s pretty cool!

I’ve always enjoyed writing and this blog has been a real joy to write, especially since YTB took center stage last October. To be honest, I didn’t want to write about what was going on back then. I really struggled with it. But I also knew that what was going on at the time had another side to it and knowing YTB, it’s Founders, and it’s people the way I do, it was more important to document and link to the facts. Being able to keep the facts separate from fiction has always been important to me and to get the e-mails and phone calls I have about how much people enjoy and appreciate what I do is extremely rewarding.

I constantly tease about something I call R&D, which stands for “Rip-Off and Duplicate”. I’ve used this term for years, and while it’s a twist or play on words in what’s actually known by those who teach success principles as “modeling”, to see all the people who duplicate what I write on their own blogs and to see people talking about me in message boards and forums is really something.

Many people use paid advertising, others use links in signatures. Others just blatantly promote their blog everywhere they post to try to drive traffic to their sites or blogs, in an attempt to recruit people, even when it’s against the policies of such forums.

I on the other hand, like the “organic” type of links. Organic links are produced naturally from others who happen to like (or dislike) what you’ve written. It’s unsolicited, and obviously has some relevance to those who link to you. I can’t list all the top links that point here, but all kinds of people link here for content and updates. I’ve been amazed when I look at some of the referrals and links from other Network Marketers, other members of YTB, and even from another unrelated web site. (Barry Manilow?!) Of course, I also get a ton of links from those that claim I don’t matter, but they still keep commenting and reading based on time per hit. (Nice to know I take up so much of their time and energy.)

By writing about relevant and interesting topics, these organic links can be very beneficial and provide very high rankings within minutes. When WGN aired the Lady Liberty story, I found myself at the top of the search rankings within minutes of posting. The Travel Weekly Power List also produced a ton of traffic here.

I think my first post on this blog was very apropos given how far reaching and relevant this blog has become. It all started with a dream that I simply took action on. Now almost three years later, to see how far it’s come and what it’s evolved into is humbling and amazing.

I don’t know at this point if who sent the e-mail, nominated me, but who ever nominated me, I wanted to extend my sincere thanks and gratitude for the honor.

Thanks to all who have sent e-mails, called me, and offered personal expressions of how much they appreciate what I do.

The pleasure is all mine!

Now damit…go VOTE FOR ME! ;-P


PS - If you’d like to keep up to date with all the latest news, acquisitions, and developments with YTB feel free to sign up for my FREE Newsletter. Just like here, it’s loaded with food, water and sunshine to grow your YTB business.

Doug & Ronda Bauknight
AKA: TravelPro
Travel Agent / Networker

Phone: 678.458.5812


Learn How To Become A Travel Agent
Image

Book Your Travel & Vacations With


Travel Reservations: 1.800.243.4450

RTA #24635

Labels: , , , , ,

About Us

  • We're TravelPro
  • AKA: TravelPro
  • From Hot-Lanta!, Georgia, United States
  • YTB Travel Network is 130,000 Agents strong. Join a winning group of Travel and Networking Professionals who share effective ways to sell more travel, market effectively, attract quality people, and how to train those people to capture a bigger piece of our $7 Trillion Dollar Industry. Just Picture It Now!
Our profile

View my page on The YTB Travel Family

Top Travel Blogs 

  Submit Your Site To The Web's Top 50 Search Engines for Free! Add to Technorati Favorites

Who links to me?