« Home | Steeler Fans Unite » | Executive Corner » | Community Awards » | Pay It Forward » | "Coach" Tomer, A Man and His Vision » | The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year... » | The Confession » | For The American Laborer » | "Professionals" Come Forward... » | Survey Says.... »

Fear Factor LIVE!

It appears that someone is still frustrated with me because I won’t let him spout off here on my blog. So in order to make this person feel better about himself, I’m going to highlight his entry for everyone to see.

Please note, that he’s sworn off writing about me on his own blog so that’s why you find it on this forum. (Not really, but I really wish they would for their own sanity.)

The spin, ignorance, and flat out lies are getting old and rather worn. However, the man obviously wants an audience, so I’ll oblige at this point. And I'd like to ask my own question not only to the poster, but all posters who like to hide behind thier computer keyboards. (Later)

I have to wonder why everything I post needs to be commented on these days. It was my understanding that nobody reads this blog any longer, but every time I post, somebody’s commenting on what I’ve said. They just HAVE to respond with some sort of rebuttal to correct what they believe to be gross errors and lies that I post here in my own little corner of cyberspace.

In contrast, do I need to correct some of the gross errors I’ve seen out there made by some of the same people who think they have a better vantage point than I do?

Not really…

Keeping up with John and all his posts is a full time job in its own right. How the man makes any money with all the time he spends reading and posting on the internet is a complete mystery. A bigger mystery for me is how this man formulates some of the ideas he has.

Like most people, he takes what he’s heard as actual fact, but never seems to check to see if it’s even remotely accurate.

I had a good laugh over his assumption that R&B Marketing stood for “Rick and Brenda”, and even went as far as stating that he checked the Nevada registration.

Not that it would matter if Phil & Doris Davidoff are REP’s or RTA’s, he’s convinced that they are because of the Freedom Awards we handed out to during the National Convention. Not comprehending that Frank Brummett, Bob Federico, and UHY, LLP are also Freedom Award winners.

And, what does it say about someone when other Zealots need to help him out and start correcting him?

None of these false, misleading or at the very least deceptive claims however appears to stop the man from spouting off all day, every day over his obsession and illusions about YTB.


I could follow behind with a shovel and dump truck cleaning up all the crap this guy posts, but I’ve resigned myself to the fact that it’s never going to stop, and I honestly, it’s not much fun or profitable working the garbage detail.

What is amusing to me however about this rebuttal is how much time he spent trying to justify his position.

Let’s not forget that this poster laid claim that he couldn’t find ANY positive press on Coach. I could care less if I found 1 or 10 positive articles; it’s four more than he even cared to admit.

I LOVED the looooong drawn out explanation about a phone book. Maybe he spent all the time he did on this because he didn’t want anyone to look at why Rhode Island repealed its Travel Agent Bonding law? (That would be a 40% decline in Travel Agencies over the last 5 years.)

Nor do I recall ever posting here this notion about 80% of all travel being booked on line. (I’m not going through three years of posts however to make sure.) I do find it odd that he conveniently missed my post less than a month ago on actual on line booking stats, or the type of client demographic that make these purchases.

I would like to answer one question John asked in his post which was directed specifically at me.

“But what about this Doug...the next time you are in the Corner, why not ask Coach to host a series of meetings to address his critics.”

You don’t have the guts do you John?

Why is it up to me, Firemedic, or any other YTB’er to do that? Dude, you’re the one with the problem with YTB, not us. I find it very odd that you took the time to see Scott Tomer, was in the same room with the man, but didn’t say word one to him. I find it odd that you know the e-mail address of the CEO, but can’t send a simple e-mail to ask yourself? You have the address, and the phone numbers, heck, you claim to get calls from inside the Home Office, but can’t ask them to forward a message to Coach to arrange such a meeting?

I wish I could say I was kidding, but sadly, that’s how lame this guy really is.

John, I’m sorry buddy, but I just can’t condone or help someone who doesn’t have enough of a spine to take advantage of all the opportunities you’ve had to set this up on your own. So I’ll have to decline your request and state that the only reluctance I see is your own.

What has become very clear, is that you, the other Traditionalists, and the Zealots you have following you are scared to death about what you might find when you actually come face to face with a man who has more integrity, more character, and more ethics in his pinky finger, than whole lot of you combined.

If we have a problem, we pick up the phone like Von Nickleberry, or maybe someone like Regina Osei and at least attempt to straighten things out like an adult. But not you John, you’re too good, you’re too busy, you’re too special, you want it handed to you on silver platter because you’re the great and powerful John Frenaye.

Great and Powerful Oz is more like it.

If it meant that much to you, it would have been done. But instead, you hide behind a keyboard and type away with all your little insults and spin about how YTB is destroying your precious industry, and you want us, meaning the field of YTB, to make it better for you.

I’m done with this “get a clue” idea.

I now have to up the ante to “get a spine”.


PS - If you’d like to keep up to date with all the latest news, acquisitions, and developments with YTB feel free to sign up for my FREE Newsletter. Just like here, it’s loaded with food, water and sunshine to grow your YTB business.

Doug & Ronda Bauknight
AKA: TravelPro
Travel Agent / Networker

Phone: 678.458.5812


Learn How To Become A Travel Agent
Image

Book Your Travel & Vacations With


Travel Reservations: 1.800.243.4450

RTA #24635

Labels: , , ,

About Us

  • We're TravelPro
  • AKA: TravelPro
  • From Hot-Lanta!, Georgia, United States
  • YTB Travel Network is 130,000 Agents strong. Join a winning group of Travel and Networking Professionals who share effective ways to sell more travel, market effectively, attract quality people, and how to train those people to capture a bigger piece of our $7 Trillion Dollar Industry. Just Picture It Now!
Our profile

View my page on The YTB Travel Family

Top Travel Blogs 

  Submit Your Site To The Web's Top 50 Search Engines for Free! Add to Technorati Favorites

Who links to me?