« Home | MNF Not What It Use To Be... » | Contrary To What You May Have Heard » | Bummer... » | Kids Will Be Kids » | Travel Weekly Summit Announced » | Heads Up! » | Stop Worrying and Get to Work » | Butch Cassidy has Died... » | The Funeral » | MythBusters To The Rescue! »

The "Happy File"...

Having such a popular newsletter and blog, I get a ton of e-mails these days. There’s not a day that goes by it seems when I don’t get some type of positive comment concerning either my blog or my newsletter. During the National Convention back in August, I was overwhelmed with how many people took the time to find me and tell me how much they appreciate what I do.

One of my team members who hung with me for most of the week was shocked at the amount of people who chased me down in hallways, conference rooms, and at the hotel. (To be honest, so was I.) I hadn’t had this much notoriety since my radio days back in the 80’s. The difference with radio however was that nobody knew what I looked like until they saw me out on remotes.

I was conversing via e-mail with one of our subscribers on how much I appreciate the warm comments and enjoyment others receive when they read this blog or the newsletter. Realizing that I have such a positive effect on so many people is humbling, yet a real kick. Many of you take the time to write and express your appreciation which in turn makes me want to work even harder to bring you the best that I have.

Here’s what she wrote back to me and I thought it would be good to share with you as well.

“Do you keep a “happy file”? It’s a computer file or hard copy file of all the accolades and appreciation or special words that you receive from others.

Explanation: When I first started doing mortgage loans 10 years ago, my underwriter went way beyond any normal expectations to get me out of a predicament, and I wrote her an expressive thank you from my heart. She was so touched that she called me into her room with tears in her eyes and told me how much it meant to her, and that it was going into her “happy file.” She said that when she had bad days, she would go back and read some of the contents of that file. That it would uplift her day, and get her back on track.

When I hear of a good idea, I copy it.

I have 2 children, and have since that day, made “happy files” for both them and for me. When they (both in college now) get absorbed in a pity party, I will send an email from a tennis coach, long ago, that praised them for their perseverance, etc. Get the picture?

Good luck on your “happy file” for both you and yours.”

I thought this was an exceptional idea and wanted to share publically some of the “happy files” I have set aside in my Outlook.


Since I have been receiving your newsletter I am kept up to date with YTB news. You are a great asset to our business. Again I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate your management style and for allowing us to receive your newsletter.

Enjoy your Day,
~ Mary

I know I've told you this before...but it bears repeating... This is by far the best newsletter I've seen in YTB and we subscribe to several. So very informative. I read every word and forward it on to our team. Hopefully they are all subscribing as well. We've encouraged it

Thanks for doing this. I know it takes a lot of time.
~ Marti

Thank you again, Doug, for all you do! I so appreciate your newsletter and your blog. You epitomize the YTB standard of sharing and abundance as one YTB family, and you are greatly appreciated.

Were you a copywriter in an earlier life?........... kudos for all the photos and art work you always include with your news.

Smiles and Sunshine,
~ Susan


My wife Terri and I are in YTB and we love it. Where we live we do not receive a whole lot about the business. So I have learned as much as I could on my own. I research a lot on the Internet and I just wanted to let you know that I like reading your blog, I have a training blog that I put together for our team, but I didn't put it out to the public, because I was trying to ensure our people were informed. SO GREAT BLOG thanks for keeping the YTB Name going strong.

~ Mike


My husband, Emil & I recently started receiving your Training & Newsletters, which have been very helpful. Thank you so much for sharing with us. We are continuing to build our business, and have utilized some of your info. We first heard about you from Bob & Karin, YTB Directors. They are not our Directors, but were willing to share information. We see them often at meetings.

We appreciate all you do to help others.

Blessings,
~ Joy


I was quite impressed with the professionalism of the newsletter and several of my team members forwarded the information to me and I enjoyed the information.

God Bless,
~ Arlyne


I can’t thank you enough for all you do. I’ve always been a big fan of your blog for years and have thoroughly enjoyed your writing style from the start. Your themes are positive, meaningful, and uplifting and when I need a pick me up I can always count on you! You have a very special gift and wanted to share with you how much my husband and I appreciate all you do.

See you at the top!
~ Cindy


This is just a sampling of e-mails I’ve received since the Newsletter was launched at the beginning of the year. I’ve been overwhelmed at how it’s taken off and become viral, which in computer speak is a good a good thing. It’s not uncommon to have two or three times as many people actually read my newsletter that I send out, which also tells me that the information is not only useful but relevant to what’s going on with our company today.

One of my favorite authors is T. Harv Ecker. Harv told me in his book “Secrets of the Millionaire Mind” to think BIG. My intent should be to help thousands of people. The more I can help and influence others the more that comes back to me.

It’s nice to know that theory actually works.

And Susan, thanks for letting me share this idea here for others. I think it’s an exceptional idea and your right, it works like a charm!

PS - If you’d like to keep up to date with all the latest news, acquisitions, and developments with YTB feel free to sign up for my FREE Newsletter. Just like here, it’s loaded with food, water and sunshine to grow your YTB business.

Doug & Ronda Bauknight
AKA: TravelPro
Travel Agent / Networker

Phone: 678.458.5812


Learn How To Become A Travel Agent
Image

Book Your Travel & Vacations With


Travel Reservations: 1.800.243.4450

RTA #24635

Labels: , , ,

About Us

  • We're TravelPro
  • AKA: TravelPro
  • From Hot-Lanta!, Georgia, United States
  • YTB Travel Network is 130,000 Agents strong. Join a winning group of Travel and Networking Professionals who share effective ways to sell more travel, market effectively, attract quality people, and how to train those people to capture a bigger piece of our $7 Trillion Dollar Industry. Just Picture It Now!
Our profile

View my page on The YTB Travel Family

Top Travel Blogs 

  Submit Your Site To The Web's Top 50 Search Engines for Free! Add to Technorati Favorites

Who links to me?