« Home | Kids Will Be Kids » | Travel Weekly Summit Announced » | Heads Up! » | Stop Worrying and Get to Work » | Butch Cassidy has Died... » | The Funeral » | MythBusters To The Rescue! » | Fear Factor LIVE! » | Steeler Fans Unite » | Executive Corner »

Bummer...

I really couldn’t tell you if this was a snub or not, but apparently I’ve been passed over this week. Not even so much as an honorable mention for “YTB Video Week” on the blogs.

We’ve all seen them. The YouTube craze has been going on for some time and now anyone can make their own superstar videos and post them for everyone to see on the internet. All you need is a computer and web cam.

Some may not know this, but I actually have a College Degree in Audio/Video Production. Back in 1989 I decided it was time to get an actual degree. I had attempted to acquire a degree in “Partying 101” back in the early 80’s but was informed by the University that they didn’t offer said degree, (like hell…everyone had at least a Minor in it.) but alas, when I went back almost a decade later, financed by myself instead of my parents, things turned out quite differently.

If you would have told me that I could actually graduate college with honors back in high school, I would have told you that the idea was a complete joke.

After dropping out of college in the early 80’s, I found the perfect job and had all the proper qualifications as a party hardy “Radio DJ” which was great fun, very glamorous, but also extremely unstable. Once I found myself wanting to advance in the industry, I needed to have a degree in order to attain the Program Director status I was seeking.

It was there that I found not only did I have a keen ear for sound, but an equally keen eye for sight and the combination was exhilarating. I spent the next several years locked up in video editing rooms and had an absolute blast.

To this day, I still dabble with this type of production work for both audio and video. Now that computers are actually powerful enough to handle the large video files and I can produce some good quality home made videos for a nominal cost.

Personally, I’m not a big fan of YouTube. Most of the videos found on the site, frankly…they suck. I realize it’s my own interpretation and opinion, but when I look at any video I’m more interested in audio, video, framing and editing qualities. The content can be absolutely spot on, but if the presentation doesn’t fit my level of expectancy, personally I have a hard time with the entire message.

That being said, I have to wonder, with my own personal opinions aside, why in the world MY videos were “overlooked” this week on the blog.

Where they only YouTube specific?
Did I not feature enough “travel”?
Did I talk too much about “recruiting”?
Was the sales pitch too “in your face”?
Was it perceived as a “hard sell”?
Did it consist of too many lies?
How ‘bout misinformation?
Was it too outside the box?

Oh…I get it…maybe they couldn’t find it?

What ever it is, maybe I can fix it to meet the fine and upstanding standards others uphold in order to be worthy of being highlighted on someone else’s blog. At the very least, somebody could download the thing and send it the Attorney Generals office for review. They might find it very informative and it could help your case that YTB’s nothing more than a gigantic pyramid scheme.

One can always hope…



Carnival Cruise To Nowhere - Stranded at Sea! @ Yahoo! Video

For a written review of this cruise, with more of the same old lies, recruiting pitch, and unprofessionalism that is associated with those of us in YTB, feel free to send this review to the AG as well.

PS - If you’d like to keep up to date with all the latest news, acquisitions, and developments with YTB feel free to sign up for my FREE Newsletter. Just like here, it’s loaded with food, water and sunshine to grow your YTB business.

Doug & Ronda Bauknight
AKA: TravelPro
Travel Agent / Networker

Phone: 678.458.5812


Learn How To Become A Travel Agent
Image

Book Your Travel & Vacations With


Travel Reservations: 1.800.243.4450

RTA #24635

Labels: , , , , ,

About Us

  • We're TravelPro
  • AKA: TravelPro
  • From Hot-Lanta!, Georgia, United States
  • YTB Travel Network is 130,000 Agents strong. Join a winning group of Travel and Networking Professionals who share effective ways to sell more travel, market effectively, attract quality people, and how to train those people to capture a bigger piece of our $7 Trillion Dollar Industry. Just Picture It Now!
Our profile

View my page on The YTB Travel Family

Top Travel Blogs 

  Submit Your Site To The Web's Top 50 Search Engines for Free! Add to Technorati Favorites

Who links to me?