« Home | Travel Weekly Summit Announced » | Heads Up! » | Stop Worrying and Get to Work » | Butch Cassidy has Died... » | The Funeral » | MythBusters To The Rescue! » | Fear Factor LIVE! » | Steeler Fans Unite » | Executive Corner » | Community Awards »

Kids Will Be Kids

Do you have kids?

I do, and I absolutely love them. Being a Dad is one of the most rewarding experiences of my life.

As a parent, you learn things. Like, have you noticed how you tell them not to do something, there are times they do it anyway? Like “Don’t touch the stove!” and the next thing you know you’re putting ice on the burn and Neosporin with a SpongeBob SquarePants band aide on their finger, sealed with a kiss for good measure as you wipe away the tears.

Telling them not to do something can also work to your advantage. My son for instance hates vegetables. (Wonder where he got that from?) A fun way to get him to eat his vegetables however is to tell him not to eat them; and before you know it, the plate doesn’t have a single vegetable left.

It’s interesting how some people never grow out of this childish mentality. You can tell a grown adult the rules of engagement, what type of boundaries there are, what’s appropriate and what isn’t, or just flat out tell them no, and they will do everything in their power to break the rules.

As if to say ”Oh yeah? You’re not the boss of me! I’ll show you!”

The problem with this type of behavior is that like the vegetables, you can very easily bait these children to react exactly the way you want them to.

I caught wind of some new enhancements concerning our company who has been the center of attention for the last year. I happen to be quite proud of how our company and these new enhancements have come about. What I came to realize is our founders and the company have no intention of buying into the hype out there in cyberspace. They just keep finding ways to enhance and make our company a much stronger business model.

My dilemma was while I wanted to let our critics know about the new enhancements, I couldn’t just post it on the internet. (You know…those crazy rules we have.) But I could bait the other side with a post to conveniently have this information fall right in their lap.

I realize that nobody reads this blog, but by Tuesday afternoon, I had 25 new subscribers to my newsletter, 10 of which were bogus. (Well, 13 actually if you count the chump in Arizona who signed up under 3 different e-mail address.) The children, as predictable as ever, just HAD to get this news I told them they couldn’t have.

Of course I weeded out a few, but let some pass for yesterdays monthly newsletter announcing the commission enhancements and agent levels the company is rolling out this month.


I set the newsletter to go out at 11:30 AM like I normally do and as if to “show me” how smart they are in getting one over on me, it was promptly posted on the blog of choice just 26 minutes later and also linked on a message board for all to comment on.

Of course, there needed to be the negative twist and spin that’s associated with all the posts found on the blog. We found more of the same rhetoric about giving the company more money, instead of offering us more money for the work we actually produce, and I couldn’t imagine that by some miracle the mans total perspective would be changed in a mere 26 minutes after the years of being fed by others who are also on the outside looking in with skepticism.

I will give him credit though were credit is due. If you read down in the comments section, he did make this following quote concerning an additional tid bit in my newsletter, also found here on Tuesday.

“As to why I was not invited? Why the hell would I be? They are looking for industry leaders. Not me. I am just an industry insider with an opinion. They are also looking for host agencies. I am not that either. But then again, comprehension was never your strong suit.”

This is encouraging to see. Does this mean that after looking at the fact that YTB isn’t going to just blow away based on some frivolous lawsuits he’s beginning to realize his place? Is this an admission of who the real Industry Leaders are?

All this aside, it pails in comparison when he FINALLY puts YTB in the same category as other host agencies.

Now he’s getting it!

Maybe a little more time for this news to sink in and realization that there are adults who are talking face to face to iron out their differences caused the abrupt face? Some may consider it nothing more than a Freudian slip however and I’ll certainly agree with that perspective as well.

One other note there Johnny; I realize that typos are the norm with you, your blog is riddled with them and it does make it difficult to comprehend when you have to weed through so many mistakes and typos, but as you noted first thing Wednesday morning “spelling does count”. Don’t tell someone that spelling counts, and then make the same miserable mistakes the very next post. If you have to take your daughter to school, understandable, but posting something just for the sake of posting something makes you look desperate and extremely unprofessional to boot.

With the “breaking news” yesterday and the frenzy of 4 posts on the blog, desperate is a very appropriate word.

Things must not be working out the way he thought they would.


Thank God!

PS - If you’d like to keep up to date with all the latest news, acquisitions, and developments with YTB feel free to sign up for my FREE Newsletter. Just like here, it’s loaded with food, water and sunshine to grow your YTB business.

Doug & Ronda Bauknight
AKA: TravelPro
Travel Agent / Networker

Phone: 678.458.5812


Learn How To Become A Travel Agent
Image

Book Your Travel & Vacations With


Travel Reservations: 1.800.243.4450

RTA #24635

Labels: , ,

About Us

  • We're TravelPro
  • AKA: TravelPro
  • From Hot-Lanta!, Georgia, United States
  • YTB Travel Network is 130,000 Agents strong. Join a winning group of Travel and Networking Professionals who share effective ways to sell more travel, market effectively, attract quality people, and how to train those people to capture a bigger piece of our $7 Trillion Dollar Industry. Just Picture It Now!
Our profile

View my page on The YTB Travel Family

Top Travel Blogs 

  Submit Your Site To The Web's Top 50 Search Engines for Free! Add to Technorati Favorites

Who links to me?