« Home | Dear John » | To Recruit or Not Recruit - That Is The Question... » | That Didn't Take Long... » | A Mixed Bag » | A New Perspective... » | They Once Were Lost...But Now Are Found... » | I've Been Duped! » | Seriously… » | A Special Tax Return? » | 6 Month Checkup »

Comic Relief

I was asked to fill in for my Second Level Director Monday night to do a YTB Presentation. We had a couple of guests who were running late and while we were waiting the subject turned to my “Dear John” post on Sunday with a basic line of question and answers about Anti-MLM’ers and this small group of Traditional Travel Agents which can be generalized as “What is their problem?!”

Being among friends and knowing that they obviously have a much higher level of understanding and appreciation for what YTB is really all about, I began to list the pile of myths, misconceptions, rumors, and flat out lies about our company in a very comical way.

While I had them laughing and shaking their heads in disbelief over how anyone could be so far out in left field after so much time, study and focus has been dedicated to our model and company, it paled in comparison to what was forwarded to me yesterday morning and the following comedy of errors.

Anti-MLM’ers have always tried to justify their position with examples and the experience of others. Of course none of it is their own, they have none, so they take the word of someone else as fact and try to parade that around as their proof that MLM just doesn’t work.

As of yesterday, I was introduced to a couple of “Ghost Writers” who claim to be well educated, intelligent people one inside and one outside of the Travel Industry who happen to agree that Travel MLM’s have had a horrible impact on society as a whole. The two have collaborated together and have “caught up with” one Robert Fitzgerald to get his take on Travel MLM’s. Mr. Fitzgerald was our “expert” and was quoted and referenced his book, “False Profits” discussing how we MLM’ers basically take advantage of you poor unsuspecting souls.

As it turned out, our Anti-MLM’ers may want to consider drinking our Kool-Aid because whatever they’re drinking is not only causing them to forget the names of who they’ve “caught up with”, but which company and industry they are actually talking about!

Check this out and get a tissue because it may bring tears to your eyes from laughing so hard.

You see, Robert Fitzgerald is actually Robert Fitzpatrick. Robert Fitzgerald was a Poet who died in 1985, Robert FitzPatrick is the one they “caught up with”. How someone could forget the name of who they “caught up with” is one thing, but it gets even better when you realize the referenced book they report as FitzPatrick’s “take on Travel MLM’s” was actually written back in 1997, four years before YTB was even founded!

Oh, but it gets even better in the comments section below the post. It turns out, John Frenaye didn’t actually write the post, a woman suddenly appears in this Bad Mix, who nobody has ever seen or heard of before by the name of Kate Holmes who comes to John’s rescue to take responsibility as a “Guest Writer” for this RICH piece of work, which has turned out to be nothing but a comedy of errors.

Being a HUGE NFL Football fan, I could just hear Chris Berman’s voice giving the highlights of this gem with his “Rumblin’ Bumblin’ Stumblin’”

I don’t think I laughed that hard in a long time. These pour souls try everything under the sun to try to maim and malign our Company, and this new found Anti-MLM Zealot they “caught up with” it’s just one more example of how stupid they think people really are.

I’ve been in MLM far longer than these minions have been researching the subject, and any Anti-MLM Zealot worth their salt knows who Robert Fitzpatrick is and he is the cause of so MANY of the myths, legends and lies that are simply regurgitated as fact by those who don’t have the experience themselves to make an informed, educated decision about Network Marketing.

The “99% of all MLM’ers fail” bit…FitzPatrick.

It’s going to “eventually collapse” theory…FitzPatrick.

You’ll “loose all your friends and family” business…FitzPatrick.

And because like John Frenaye, FitzPatrick has been published, we are suppose to take his word as being some sort of “authority” and “expert” in the field of MLM and Network Marketing. If you truly want to get a good, and accurate picture on just who and what Robert Fitzpatrick is all about, and why Zealots feel and act the way they do, you need read a great piece of work by one of the smartest and most effective communicators I’ve ever come across. Len Clements has some 16 years of full time experience in the Network Marketing industry and did an excellent investigative piece back in 2005 on not only FitzPatrick, but both of his propaganda books, “False Profits” (1997) and “Pyramid Nation” (2002).

There are other names you will find that Len takes on with in his piece “Anti-MLM Zealots, Me Thinks Dos Protest Too Much” and I encourage you to read if you have time, or you can just pick up some of the key names and the Readers Digest condensed version from a post I did when I was introduced to all of them during my days of posting on Scam.com.

After the tone and anger of Sunday’s post, I felt it was time to share some “comic relief” and give all of you a good laugh mid week. Some may consider this as only an attempt to poke and attack John personally, and you’re not that all that far off in truth. I still consider this guy a Zealot and when I have something this rich to point at him showing how he constantly trips all over himself day after day with his campaign against a company that I love and respect of course it becomes personal.

Now that he and this other “Guest Writer” have been exposed, John in a classic move is trying desperately to burry this gem with a couple of posts directed at two other former members of YTB.

One post brings “American Destinations” into question with some senior party trip down to Jamaica. Could it be an educational trip to Kingston to learn about the British struggles with Pirates in the 18th Century, you never know. And early this morning for good measure a telling tale of copy and paste of a couple of e-mails, (the last one mine) of how a “Professional Scum Bag” sells some fabricated story of how Coach flies him up to Wood River, only to be scam Coach himself and be kicked out.

I don’t know if it will ever end with John and his Chain of Fools. But I’d suggest that at least for the moment, have a good laugh over this one. It’s very therapeutic and since they enjoy so much misery at our expense, I think it’s fair that we have a good laugh at theirs.

By the way, if you want to find out what’s REALLY going on with YTB and how we’re doing, sign up for our FREE Newsletter. I’ll have the May monthly out tomorrow and our lead story has a video of a news clip that will give you a sneak peak at what will be unveiled at the National Convention inside the Edward R. Jones Dome.

Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Travel!


Doug & Ronda Bauknight
AKA: TravelPro
Travel Agent / Networker

Phone: 678.458.5812


Learn How To Become A Travel Agent
Image

Book Your Travel & Vacations With


Travel Reservations: 1.800.243.4450

RTA #24635

Labels: , , , ,

OMG! How funny is that?!
Rumblin' Stumlin' Bumblin' is right!

Doug

Did you notice how John was nowhere to be found during this mess?

They try so hard to tell us how things really are. Looks like there was some major justification going on. I also think it's funny how John puts up another post to try to hide the Comic Relief.

Who is this Kate anyway. Was anyone able to verify who she was? Do you think it was John?

LOL! Busted! They try so hard to prove points over there, and it been a comedy of errors for some time now. This one is pretty good.
Glad to see you back to your old self Doug.

No, I didn't notice that John didn't come to her aid, and I can't believe I missed that. I didn't give this post much time, and just put something together at the last minute this morning.

I do find it interesting that John didn’t come to her aid. Some friend huh?

No, I don't think John and Kate are one in the same. (Although I don't know who this Kate is.) There were some punctuation errors in the post that John just doesn't make. (I have to give him that.)

The post I did on Sunday was extremely therapeutic for me, and I woke up Monday morning feeling absolutely awesome, and doing the Presentation Monday night really put things in a whole new perspective.

Doug,
Yes I created the post and spelled FitzPatrick's name wrong in a couple of places, which I later corrected. That's what happens when I start to write without having enough coffee in my system.
I'm a big girl and don't need someone to defend me Doug. I knew exactly what I was in for when I agreed to write a couple of posts for John's blog. I just think it's funny that so many think that it's John pretending to be someone else!
Maybe I'll give you a call sometime and we can chat.

If it's any consolation, I believe you Kate. Next time, just make sure you have enough coffee. ;-P

I’ve read both of FitzPatrick’s books and they are both not worth the paper they are written on. Full of holes and assumptions that I simply don’t have time to go into. That’s why I referenced Len Clements rebuttal instead of my own.

You are free to call any time. My line is always open.

Post a Comment

About Us

  • We're TravelPro
  • AKA: TravelPro
  • From Hot-Lanta!, Georgia, United States
  • YTB Travel Network is 130,000 Agents strong. Join a winning group of Travel and Networking Professionals who share effective ways to sell more travel, market effectively, attract quality people, and how to train those people to capture a bigger piece of our $7 Trillion Dollar Industry. Just Picture It Now!
Our profile

View my page on The YTB Travel Family

Top Travel Blogs 

  Submit Your Site To The Web's Top 50 Search Engines for Free! Add to Technorati Favorites

Who links to me?