« Home | A Special Tax Return? » | 6 Month Checkup » | What can you do? YTB is a "Darling" » | What Do Critics REALLY Know? » | Another Resounding Thud? Not Quite... » | So Much Better On-Line » | The Hokey Pokey... » | On a Scale of 1-10... » | Happy Easter... » | The Easter Egg Hunt... »

Seriously…

It’s not surprising that I’ve had a huge increase in readership since the Annual Report came out more than a week ago. YTB’s third profitable quarter in a row, and first full year of profitability has sent the stock on a rollercoaster ride with more than 10 Million shares trading hands.

Whenever I have an increase in readership like I do it’s mostly due to relevant and timely topics, and being the computer geek that I am I like to research how people are finding me, and what they are reading. While I’ve heard that both YTB and my blog really don’t amount to much, some of the stats I’ve been looking at recently are showing me a completely different story. I can’t deny that positioning after years of posts and links help in people finding me in the first place, what I found most recently was quite telling.

Its one thing to obtain a hit or a click on the internet, but it’s something entirely different when you are able to capture the attention and keep that person whomever he or she may be on your site or blog.

Google Analytics calls it a “bounce rate”, and like golf, the lower the score, the better your doing. When the Royal Caribbean blunder happened last October not only did I notice a huge increase in readership, but this bounce rate went down dramatically. The same thing happened when Lisa Bauer moved over to Hotel Operations, and when Vicki Freed moved over from Carnival.

While this bounce rate percentage had improved gradually over the last 6 months, and while readership may go up and down due to the timing of relevance of the topics posted here, this bounce rate has been steady and slow to improve.

Until last week.

Much like all the attention the stock has been getting right now, my blog has gotten increased readership, but with a key difference in the bounce rate this time, a dramatic 16% drop in bounces and a huge increase in page views and minutes spent on this particular blog. (Almost double!)

While I wasn’t sure what all this meant earlier last week, I certainly know what it means now after conversations with several people either via phone or e-mail, and I’ll get to that in a minute.

I first want to point out that there are other contributing factors working here, and that being the strong showing of YTB’s financials. John Gilliam's “Travel Darling” article and the BenchmarkJournal.com analysis of what these financials actually mean also contributed to the rise of readership here.

Many people for many years never agreed with Coach’s way of laying down this foundation. I’ve seen several people unable to get over a real phobia concerning how we build this business and recruiting. I’ve endured ridicule and speculation that this company would never turn a profit and eventually end up bankrupt. When the stock went on its first roller coaster ride more than a year ago now, I was warned that I needed to sell. Many thought I was nuts for hanging on, and it’s been pointed out to me that many didn’t as we only had 366 share holders at the end of 2007.

Now however YTB is a “Travel Darling”, and I look like some type of stock market genius for hanging on to the split shares that I have, and people are finally starting to take this company more seriously.

Just a second…I just want to sit here for a minute….

Can I tell you something? Can I do just a tiny bit of gloating?

I told you so. ;-P

After the pages and pages of posts that have been read on this blog since the financials came out on March 31st, it’s become very clear that people are finally willing to look at this company with a new perspective. Many of the myths, rumors, and misconceptions that a few “Critics” are still trying promote on various blogs and message boards are now in question, and people are looking at this company in a more realistic light.

The financials, the heavy trading, and the stock price has certainly helped in turning that around, but it’s also become apparent that people want to find out what others like myself think about this company.

If there’s one thing I can attribute all this too, it’s this.

Documentation.

There’s a reason why I have so many links on this blog. While it certainly helps with marketing, more importantly people are using this blog as a source, a reference guide, to getting to the bottom of many of unintelligent, negative ramblings and mud slinging out there on the internet.

I commented a post or two ago about how pleased I was to see how some in YTB are now positioning themselves. It’s becoming increasingly evident that much of the mud that’s been thrown up against this company is just that - mud. If those that oppose YTB are so sure it will crumble, then let it go and let the chips fall were they may.

I was over on the Yahoo message board yesterday doing some reading and someone copied and pasted the first few lines of the Quarterly financials. It was quickly pointed out by an investor that if you look at the entire financial picture, it shows a net profit, not the loss this “Critic” was trying to convey. It’s nice to have actual numbers and documentation to back things up instead of rumor, hearsay, spin and what I like to call "half truths".

When people take a look at the whole picture, it's a totally different story.

I just want to leave you with one last quote I saw on the Yahoo message board that just warmed my heart to no end. I don’t know if this person is an investor or an RTA, (I believe the latter) but I love this quote and wanted to bring it to light before I close and spend the rest of the day with my kids who are off on Spring Break this week.

“Anyone who has to lash out with detectable anger is afraid of something. Intelligent investors offer countering opinions with relevant points. To that, I will listen and give my attention. However, someone with limited English vocabulary who can't give solid reasons why he or she disapproves of something to save his or her life-- is rarely charismatic, convincing, or successful. Thanks for the input. I expect to see it higher tomorrow.”

Think about it.

Sign up for our FREE Newsletter for news and updates concerning YTB!

Doug & Ronda Bauknight
AKA: TravelPro
Travel Agent / Networker

Phone: 678.458.5812


Learn How To Become A Travel Agent
Image

Book Your Travel & Vacations With


Travel Reservations: 1.800.243.4450

RTA #24635

Labels: , , , , , ,

Here's another take on your financials.

notravelmlms.blogspot.com

About time! Only took him more than a week to come up with that spin of his. Anyone who knows anything about Financial Statements will see that he seriously needs to stick with selling travel.

Actually his analysis is good (or bad) enough to post the direct link so others can see what I’m talking about.

In his defense concerning his week late entry, he did spend a considerable amount of time researching and tracking the company Jet to come up with his riveting rumor of YTB buying a $17 Billion company. An extremely productive and valuable use of time for nothing more than speculation that will either be proven right or wrong by the home office in due time.

When everyone wanted to know last week, he spent his time deflecting with ATA so he had time to find a couple of key stats to spin.

Since he’s already laid claim that he’s right and I’m wrong, I guess there’s very little I can do at this point to help him with any errors or corrections. (Sounds familiar?)

He’s entitled to his views, phobias, and obsession about YTB and how we build our business. Based on the stock prices, shares traded, and glowing reports from several true “investment analysts”, it’s a minority view.

He would have been better served to buy stock @ $.88 and then selling it off Monday @ $3.68 don't you think?

Oh, never mind…

Looks like you lost 67K + last year. That’s not very good Doug.

That’s a 6% higher retention rate than Traditional Agents in Rhode Island who are suppose to be much better trained and educated than any of us in YTB.

So what?

Like I said, he’s telling “fans” half the story with some very creative math and spin.

You kids fight among yourselves over there. I’m going to go spend some time at the park with my kids.

Where did this $414 Million come from, it’s not on the Financial Reports?

Something just not right with this company!

They can't even forcast thier financial stability!!!!

No dah! That's what happens when YOU buy a Jet for Coach and the rest of the cronies at the top!

All is well, just ignore the facts John posted.

Why won't you answer is questions?

Typical YTB.

Gang;

I’m beginning to come to the understanding that none of you Anonymous posters have a brain along with a name. ;-P

Is it just me, or is all this enlightenment more than a week later coinciding with your fearless leader John “The Blogger” who decided to transform himself into John “The Financial Analysts”.

You make him sound like John "The Baptist" now that you finally have something negative to spin here. You’re like a bunch of fly’s swarming around just waiting for a load of…

Let's leave it with...I’m happy for you now that you finally found something to land on and spread.

It’s far too little, far too late IMHO and while you have a Travel Agent to fall back on, real Investment Analysts think YTBLA is the a Stock to Watch

Dude---which part of that link was not in any of the yTB press releases?

Who said he was an analyst. I read the post and he did not. He just pointed out a discrepancy or two that no one seems able to clarify.

As for his "lateness" in commenting n the 10K...maybe he wanted to look at it first to get an opinion. And after all, YTB took it to the wire to file it.

Discrepancies?

Have you been watching what’s been happening? Have you seen how many shares have been traded? Have you been keeping up to date with the price? Have you seen how other true Market Analyst have seen this Press Release and said “This is a company to keep an eye on”?

It’s the SEC we’re talking about here, and YTB is not only current but as far as the SEC is concerned accurate, so the stock will be moving over to the OTC. Once the shares hit the $5.00 mark it will move over to a National Exchange.

But no…you TTA’s keep finding something to question us on, no matter how silly or irrelevant it is.

“Discrepancies” with the SEC? Oh I get it…it’s YTB so it’s “suspect”.

Who do you think you kidding?

"Seriously"

Insider;

Please get a clue, and stop trying to post your spin here. You should know by now, I require some type of intelligence and respect, not mindless chatter, spin and play on words. (Like “fees”?)

If you would please reference our Annual Report where you’ll find the following statement in the second paragraph of page 9.

“Because we have become current with our periodic reports under the Exchange Act, we intend to have our Class A Common Stock quoted on the OTC-BB once again and to thereafter apply for its listing on a national securities exchange, although no assurances can be given in this regard. Towards such end, on March 3, 2008, the requisite paperwork for the quotation of our Class A Common Stock on the OTC-BB was submitted to a FINRA member firm for filing with FINRA.”

The only way that’s going to happen is if the Annual Report is accurate and true.

When YTB upgrades and they will, you’re going to be SOL.

Nor can I argue with how this investment has performed for me.

Sorry…

Now shoo....

Post a Comment

About Us

  • We're TravelPro
  • AKA: TravelPro
  • From Hot-Lanta!, Georgia, United States
  • YTB Travel Network is 130,000 Agents strong. Join a winning group of Travel and Networking Professionals who share effective ways to sell more travel, market effectively, attract quality people, and how to train those people to capture a bigger piece of our $7 Trillion Dollar Industry. Just Picture It Now!
Our profile

View my page on The YTB Travel Family

Top Travel Blogs 

  Submit Your Site To The Web's Top 50 Search Engines for Free! Add to Technorati Favorites

Who links to me?