« Home | Know Your Market... » | Chiefs, YTB International, Inc. Launch Innovative ... » | Blow Me Down » | No "Real" Travel Agents?? » | After Further Review... » | It Just Keeps Getting Better... » | Comic Relief » | Dear John » | To Recruit or Not Recruit - That Is The Question... » | That Didn't Take Long... »

Where's The Beef?

I know I haven’t been around much lately, and honestly, I thought I’d have a post before now but my “new source” has failed to come through on a number of occasions. I don’t know if you read the comments section of my blog, but I was told by one of the “Travel Agents” that she has documentation for me. You may remember the “Real Travel Agent” I posted about a couple of weeks ago. Apparently there are claims that Candi May isn’t who she says she is, and at this point, I have to wonder if any of them can verify that their own mother exists. From what I’ve been reading via the comments on this blog, posts on other forums, and e-mails sent to me over the last couple of weeks there is “something” out there.

Exactly what they claim to have is still unknown.

On Wednesday May 15th a challenge was posted by “Martha” which stated:

“I have documentation that I would be willing to share with you BUT ONLY if you would post it on your blog.”

You know me, I’m always interested in documentation, and I’ll share a little more with you momentarily why I was so interested in this particular documentation. The story is that these Travel Agents sniffed out “red flags” and all agree “things don’t add up”.

So here I’ve been sitting for over a week now when I was promised that “proof” would be provided several times, so I’ve just been waiting.

And waiting.

And waiting…

Aaaand waiting….

If you don’t know “Martha”, be truly thankful. She’s one of the most obnoxious individuals I’ve had to endure here. You don’t see her very much over here because she admittedly “vomits” every time she reads my blog. (Her words, not mine.) And I never find much value in anything she has to say, with her tone and temperament being incredibly nasty I simply delete most comments to save the rest of you from being sprayed. (Collective “eww” here.)

I really don’t know Martha at all, she hides behind a rather anonymous name and I really haven’t had much of a desire to attempt to figure out just who this woman is. I will admit this however; the image I have of her is this blue hair named Maxine from Hallmark.

So “Martha” offers up this challenge to me to post the documentation she finds here on my blog. I decided that this would actually be a fun challenge when she made the following comment:

“She [Candi] said she did the bookings for KIVA. They have never heard of her and use a B&M agency in Louisville. I could go on but it's not necessary to prove something that you won't take seriously because you believe everything that YTB and it's sponsors have to say.”

I wonder what “Martha” would do if she found out that not only does KIVA know of Candi, but if she goes straight to the top she’ll find the Director of this program. Imagine her surprise when she finds out that this Founder, Director, and this “Coach of the Year”, also happens to be Candi’s sponsor in YTB? Why the Director of the Association books with a B&M instead of his own site is strange, don't you think?

In Martha’s defense she did add:

“Do you recall when I told you I wasn't "conventional?" I'm not. I only post facts. I cannot say that KIVA said this and said that because the person did not want to be identified. So rather than put that as fact, it's off the record. Hearsay isn't something I go by.”

Makes you wonder just who Martha might have spoken to? Maybe a 9th Grade Forward on the volleyball team?

I’ve also heard that that the timeline Candi mentions and events that happened in the Travel Industry with Travel Professionals International being bought by ByeByeNow.com, and then being purchased by Carlson Wagonlit doesn’t add up. Maybe we can call Regis Philbin to see if he can shed some light on the subject. We all know and trust HIM right?

See, links like the ones above are exactly what I’m looking for from Martha and the others, but all I get is junk like “believe me”, or some insinuation that they know the “truth”, when it’s nothing more than mud thrown up without any documentation or links to back it up.

So I’ve got to ask: What’s the deal?

Well the problem is two fold.

Number one, Candi’s now with YTB and nobody in YTB can ever be trusted according to them, and number two, they don’t want you knowing that the Travel Industry has been in turmoil for many many years and these types of acquisitions, bankruptcies, and mergers have been on the rise since the Airlines cut commissions leaving them high and dry.

Even with the turmoil in the Traditional arena I find some pretty interesting stuff on the internet from what little I know about Candi. When John for example inquired about Candi, he could have checked out the domain listing of her e-mail address when he wrote to her and she responded. For most like me, (and you) that would only ad validity to what she’s talking about. Travel-Pro.com was registered in 1998 with a physical address being a retail location. In John’s defense however, maybe he found out that the person who registered the domain back then is also a member of YTB now.

Another “Travel Agent” ruined by the scourge he knows as YTB.

"RAT’s!"

So all they CAN do right now is simply throw up some mud and hope that what they’re telling you is “believable” like finding Candi’s home address on Google Maps to offer proof that she never operated a “Brick and Mortar”, while information of her domain name sits somewhere on the internet the whole time.

A couple terms like “smoke and mirrors” or words like “deflect” and “misinformation” start to emerge in my mind right now, what about you?

I am conventional, and I’m not talking about words, I’m not talking about “believe me”, I’m talking about actual documentation that supports what these knuckle heads claim to know. So far, what I’ve been able to dig up on my own doesn’t support any of the trash talk I’ve been reading about either here or on other forums.

In fact, the more I dig into this and discuss with Candi about what is being said, it’s astounding to me how I’m beginning to realize that none of them have a thing in regards to documentation. You can’t produce what doesn’t exist, and that’s exactly why I’m requiring documentation.

Are you beginning to get the picture as to why I don’t allow trash like Martha’s and the others infiltrate this blog? Why post it if there is nothing to verify or document one shred of proof or documentation to back it up? Talk is cheap, especially with these “non-conventional” types who get upset because they can’t vomit here.

I read somewhere…

"If it aint true, don’t say it.
If it aint right, don’t do it."


So Martha…here’s your chance. Here’s an opportunity front and center to offer the “proof” that you claim to have. It’s not buried somewhere, and I’m giving you center stage right here, right now to offer up what you have in actual documentation that everyone can verify on their own.

It’s time to prove to me and everyone else that I’m the liar, coward, and asshole that you claim that I am. (By the way...part of her latest comment to me that I simply deleted, and didn’t feel appropriate as “proof”.)

Can she do it?

Doubt it. But we shall see.

If you’d like to keep up to date with all the latest news, acquisitions, and developments with YTB feel free to sign up for my FREE Newsletter. Just like here, it’s loaded with links and documentation for you to share with clients and prospects alike.

Doug & Ronda Bauknight
AKA: TravelPro
Travel Agent / Networker

Phone: 678.458.5812


Learn How To Become A Travel Agent
Image

Book Your Travel & Vacations With


Travel Reservations: 1.800.243.4450

RTA #24635

Labels: , , ,

I can't find Candi May in any of the links you posted.

Could you tell us which awards she has won? That should help clear this up.
Thanks.

So there was a domain registered a long time ago. It was registered to an address where you provide a map. You provide links to KIVA and there is no mention of Candi Ray. The domain owner does not indicate (from your link) Candi Ray is the owner. SHe may have worked at an agency. When someone works at IBM they usually have an IBM domain. I knotice you call yoursdelf the Travel-Pro on this blogger...was that wiotrh permission from Candi Ray since you appear to be encroaching on her trademark?

But what you have proven is that a coach in KIVA is indeed in YTB. That is probably what was known and likely was the "client" that told her about it.

But, what about all the awards you said she won. Where is your proof? What about the whole if it aint true don't say it.

I thought you said your required documentation---well where is it?

Last you mentioned it Candi Ray was trying to dig them up

What about the "Good Dr." Doug?

Anything new on him?

David and John;

The site that was registered back in 1998 belongs to Candi. www.travel-pro.com now forwards to Candi’s Paradise Network Marketing site. Odd that it’s never exchanged hands, and that it was registered to an address in Shepherdsville, KY.

“Beth” may have registered it, but she was an “employee” of Candi’s at the time at that Brick and Mortar location. You will also notice Beth is now with YTB.

John;

I would like to know just who you spoke with at Carlson. I am aware of a document that exists which refutes what you are telling everyone. Also note the Travel Weekly article which states:

“Carlson Leisure Group president Michael Batt is arranging a series of town hall meetings to enable franchisees to meet the new management team.”

Did he “arrange” or did he “invite”?

Care to come clean about that?

The awards are being worked into a digital format at the present time. We found that these plaques don’t fit into fax machines very well, just too “bulky”.

Anon;

I don’t know “The Doctor” like I know Candi, but now that you mention it, I’m beginning to wonder what I could dig up if I really wanted to about him. You need to remember he was with the Armed Forces back in the 60’s, and with Fox back in the early 70’s.

My Grandfather was with the Army Corp. of Engineers and Westinghouse for years, yet I can’t “Google” anything about him either.

After the spin I’ve seen spewed about Candi and the documentation that I’ve been able to track down about her, I’m beginning to question how valid the claims are from the other side about what they “can’t find”.

Doug...

The info came from Roger Block. It does not get any more credible than that,

John, I don't and to my knowledge, we never flew anyone up; way too expensive

In the system, we have a Barbara .May but she is from Memphis. Don't have a clue who you could be referring to
--------------------------
Sent from my BlackBerry Wireless Handheld
- Show quoted text -


I will say that I was incorrect when I said he said a Candy from Michigan---it was the same last name and Memphis.

Your whole domain argument means nothing. It shows that it was registered to Travel Professionals and someone named Beth is the person in charge.

The fact that Candi has an email address there means nothing. I have one with MSNBC but guess what, I don't own it. Where is the logic?

If you received a degree from Harvard...Harvard will have you on their alumni roles. He's a fake. Admit it.

Just TELL us which awards Candi earned. Then we can go from there to whomever gave the award. While you at it, how do I find out which awards the award winning Canadian agency won?
And by the way scanning works.....

I honestly feel flattered that you have taken the time to get me to verify the facts only after you have refused to print 2 of my responses. I clearly stated in them that I would only provide you with the information if you promised to publish them. You didn't publish that reply nor did you publish the one after that. You called them threats. What threats?

You may and do moderate your blog to be a one sided YTB bunch of propoganda. That's fine with me as long as you do not publish only portions of a response or none at all and then request, "Where's the beef?" I also told you to check some of the information out yourself. You do not want to know the truth. You will and you do believe everything YTB has told you and how much of that has been honest? Not very much from what I can see.

Until you are man enough and not a coward, I feel that anything I post most likely will not get published. You are out to recruit and not be proven wrong or that there are scamming ferrets in YTB. You're one of them. You sell these websites to people well knowing that they won't be able to make any money selling travel. You can't support your own family from just the sale of travel. The people must recruit. That makes you a liar each time you tell someone they can become a travel agent which is posted right on this blog. They are not going to be a travel agent in any shape or form.

But let me get back to Candi May. I called KIVA twice to get information. I talked to a receptionist that had never heard of Candi and then the person that arranges the travel for KIVA. He told me that he does not know of a Candi May. Candi said in her presentation that she booked all of their travel and had for years. Odd, don't you think? Candi says she owned 3 travel agencies. Why are there no listings anywhere as far back as 7 years of any agencies she owned except the one in her home with 4 employees? I assume those employees were her sister, husband, and her sister's husband. Her "brick and mortar" travel agency was listed as May and White as her home address and that was 6 years ago. You say she has or had an IATA. I cannot locate one for her going back through an investigation and I have access. She had no bookings with major suppliers for the past 4 to 6 years either. She states and so do you that she won all types of awards. What were they? I can't find any. Without any proof, she can say anything she likes. So did Dr. Seligman. Do you think Dr. Seligman is being honest? I even sent Candi 2 emails asking her for information which she ignored. If you ask me a direct question I can and will answer it if it's business related. I can say I handle all of the travel for major studios and know many stars. Could you reflute that? Of course not. I have never booked anyone that famous except Doris Day who resides very close to the agency I work for. No, I never booked Michael Jackson although he lived close by also. I could say I did, but it would be a lie.

In summary, I asked for a deal and you won't agree but would rather take the low road. That is typical of a coward and a scammer. You are a coward. You are a liar. You do knowingly scam people each time you recruit. You remind me of the anonymous Olecrotchkeeper and YTB and TRAVEL: A great mix! that post on John's blog. They won't identify themselves ever. They will never answer a question. They will never provide proof. You left John's blog (under the name travelpro only) because he asked you pointed questions which you couldn't answer without incriminating yourself and YTB. Instead, you ran under the coffee table like a frightened puppy and now bash him every chance you get.

The only reason you published this mess of "Where's the Beef" was so you could attempt to discredit me. You took one excerpt from my post to you which said something to the effect of: "I guess the only way to get you to post my comments is to use an obscenity, so here it is: ASSHOLE." It worked again. Now I double dog dare you to post my two missing responses which spell it out.

Martha
CTC, GLP, Member ARTA, ARC, IATAN, CLIA, Costco, Vons Club, Ralph's, and Power booker of the stars (all 1 of them)

David;

“The Doctor” was never a student at Harvard. He spoke there once according to the call, but would not be on record as any type of Alumni.

Who knew?

Martha;

I wonder why KIVA would book with a “Brick and Mortar” when the Director and Founder of the program is a member of YTB? You do know that from the links and “documentation” posted in this article right? This Director was at one time her client, but is now Candi’s Power Team Leader in YTB.

Working out of her home? Maybe now because she found a company that doesn’t need all the overhead, but how is it that I find a business address for Travel Professionals which now links to Candi? Again documented in my post and here in the comments section.

So tell me Martha, how does that make me a liar? How does that make me a coward?

I didn’t post your comments because just like your comment above there is absolutely no truth or documentation attached anything you have written. Forgive me if I actually require you to back up what you say. YOU said you have “proof” and all I read is I heard this, I heard that, and call them yourself. This blog isn’t about posting unsubstantiated, bogus, and slanderous claims, and it’s not about me doing your dirty work, it’s about truth, honesty, and integrity.

Just like me, Candi isn’t responding because you’re being a jerk, demanding this, and demanding that and you’re soul purpose is nothing more than an attempt to discredit someone who can run circles around you and the rest of the big cheeses who apparently have ample time to research instead of booking travel for clients you no longer have.

Call me a liar all you want, call me a coward, even call me an asshole if you want.

I have a link to the KIVA Director, you might want to call him instead of some “secretary”. Check into the business license of the address I linked to in my post. You may also want to call some of the local Reps in the area instead of the corporate headquarters of some of these suppliers. (Gee, there’s a novel idea?)

Being “unconventional” Martha, isn’t working very well, so I’d suggest you go back to something that actually works.

John;

So Roger isn’t “aware” of something they did back in 2001. Good to know.

I will give you this, an e-mail address doesn’t amount to much, but when you actually check who the domain name is attached to, it reveals just who owns it.

Take the time to actually type in www.travel-pro.com and you’ll see it’s NOT attached to Travel Professionals, but Candi May’s Paradise Network Marketing site. Do you think she could do that without actually owning the domain?

PS - All three of you need to start “thinking” and "checking" your sources instead of “assuming”.

Could you please read the plaques that Candi was awarded and post the info here. Let's get this cleared up.

Like an award from Apple...
Best selling agent for 1999 or something to that effect.

Doug--I am not disputing that she runs her business on that domain. She is not listed as the owner. That's all. There is no connect (other than the content) so what is your point?

I see your name all over this blog, do you own Google? Same logic.

I am checking out early today for a long weekend!

Enjoy!

Oh, and Seligman never spoke at Harvard in an official capacity. Now he may have been on campus shaking a can for some coin and speaking, but it was not sanctioned by Harvard.

Check out this link:
http://information.vacationmedia.net/investigateytb.php

This is a YTB endorsed provider of recruiting site/materials. Here is what it says:

Investigate YTB with Bob Seligman, PhD (& RTA)

PhD in Economics (Oxford) & MBA in Finance (Harvard)

Former Senior VP of Corporate Development for Fox, Inc.

Reported Directly to Billionaire Barry Diller (Owner / CEO of Expedia, Inc.)



This is an opportunity to hear what a new, peer RTA found as a prospective business owner in YTB following his exhaustive investigation that only a few in this country would have even known how to do. Dr. Seligman has seen everything in the book, had all the resources and questions to ask that the rest of us would have never known to or thought of to ask. With his extensive understanding of what this industry represents and is going through, prior to coming onboard, he investigated this Company for six months; evaluating it from the perspective of him hypothetically buying the company personally to help him determine whether he should get involved with YTB as an RTA.

Lets see what he found and why YTB has his undivided attention! This call is going to give everyone in your business as well as your prospective business owners an opportunity to gain some scope on what a significant, unprecedented opportunity YTB is and why NOW is SO IMPORTANT!


Later on they do disclaim it that YTB did not endorse it, but the vacation media company is authorized and endorsed by YTB but the content is not. Want the cake and eat it too!

OK leaving now--really I am

This keeps getting better and better with the bantering back and forth. After reading your comments, Martha's and John's, a lot of things don't add up. I had to find May's presentation and watched it earlier this evening.

If May had 3 stand alone agencies I can't locate them but I can locate the one that Martha verifed and that listing would have been before she was in YTB. It is her current home address and the listing is 6 years old. If she did all of the travel for KIVA then why would the head of KIVA have already been in YTB and become her sponsor? I think he would have booked the travel plans. May says the business went in the toilet after the Gulf war. That was still a peak time for travel. I used 3 search engines and I cannot find anything about May except for her YTB business.

It doesn't add up.

Barbara;

I have found yet another listing of Candi’s retail location here.

Please confirm the following when you look at this link:

- The address is a retail location in Downtown Shepherdsville.
- The web site listed is linked directly to Candi May.
- The listing was last updated 12/16/2007.
- The phone number is the same as you find for the Yellow Pages Listing which was changed in late 2007 when she closed this location to work out of her home. (I’m assuming that this is the home address everyone is up in arms about?)

Interesting how both the phone number and the web site are linked to both locations that are 10-15 minutes apart.

But all I keep getting from all of you is “it doesn’t add up”.

By the way kids, I found a listing at this “retail location” with WorldSpan. I wonder what I could find when I call the Local Representative in Kentucky for WorldSpan? Must not be that old, (at least not 6 years!) if it’s still listed as an active Agency.

Could this contact be the Pandora’s Box all of you are trying so hard to keep us from opening right now?

Stay tuned! ;-P

When you see who owns this very website, you will see that it is in Mountain View, California.

The website is directly linked to Doug Bauknight

The listing was updated on December 29, 2006


Therefore it has been proven that Dough Bauknight is indeed the owner of Google.

If you want to look at the map, it is here:
http://maps.google.com/?q=37.423156,-122.084917+(Google%20Inc.)&hl=en

Of course now that he is working from home, it is a different phone number, but that does not negate anything I have said.

Doug--where is the logic. You say people are trying to prevent you from opening Pandora's box. Actually, unless there is a new RTA named Pandora, we probably prefer you to open the Candi box. When you are as vaunted as she thinks she is, credentials are easily proven. YTB is adept at not proving anything. Dating back to my AUgust 2007 column, no one has ever sent me any proof of income. Seligman has no credentials. Candi cannot find all of her awards. Earl cannot document that he invented the internet. ANd quite honestly you cannot even claim that you are a success in YTB because after more than 2 years, you are still not a director and if the Biz Reports are any indication, you are still a long way away. Have not seen B and B or Baughknight in any of the thousand dollar or ten thousand dollar listings in a long time!

LOL! So much for enjoying your weekend huh?

Relax John. I never said I owned Blogspot, I said I owned JustPicutureItNow.net which “forwards” to this web site. Since I own the JustPictureItNow.net domain I control where it goes, just like Candi owns Travel-Pro.com and controls were it goes.

Do I own, YTBTravel.com? No

But I do own BandBVacations.com which forwards to my YTB Booking Engine because I own the BandBVacations.com domain.

I honestly don’t understand how you don’t get that. It’s very simple and logical for those of us who are smart enough to understand how domain forwarding works.

Is it that difficult to keep up with the rest of the class?

And don’t let the absence of my name mislead you on the Biz Reports. You don’t find Candy May or my Director Tim Dominey on the Biz Reports very much any more either.

Yet the average Level 1 Director makes $85K Annually

The average Level 2 Director make $264K Annually

The $1000 Bonuses are for those who are starting out. We are helping other names on the list earn the Bonuses.

I don't think they understand the whole domain forwarding thing Doug. Just not something that they know how to do.

We understand and get it because we do it.

Thanks for the links, and know that some of us do understand what you are communicating.

Martha;

Doug IS giving you center stage and I've seen nothing so far that "proves" your point.

We would like to see some links and documentation instead of all these personal attacks please.

To The Anon I Rejected:

The "Martha Burk" you speak of does not have an "e" at the end of her name and I don't believe this is the same woman.

I do not wish to start casting stones simply to deflect the attention. I do however desire that Martha own up to the promise she made of proving her point.

Please stay on topic.

Thank you.

I am sick and tired of the nonsense and regardless of what I post, Doug will try and discredit it with a load of junk. The link Doug posted to prove that Candi May had a brick and mortar is from Jigsaw where anyone can list their business whether it exists or not. You could create the Small Nun Escort Service on Jigsaw and they don't care, it will appear. The address listed for Candi's B&M location is 345 S Buckman St, Shepherdsville, KY 40165. Fine you say? No, that address is the Country Cupboard Restaurant which has been in business at least since 2005 and still is. If you need to verify this, call (502) 543-2780. It is a stand alone business with not other offices. I would like to also say that the information Doug provided states that Candi's brick and mortar was called Travel Professionals 4u. That is correct, "4u." Wouldn't that look swell on the overhead sign? It sounds more like a generic email address with Hotmail or Yahoo behind it.

Check out the Worldspan link and then the phone number which is listed as the business. It's a cell phone! Correct, not a business phone, but a cell phone. FYI, anyone can have a link to Worldspan in any area as long as they have the disc and password plus pay a few dollars to the host agency. Why would Candi have Worldspan anyway since she has YTB and it has an air search? Because she doesn't sell travel. She is a recruiter. Do I have to elaborate any more on this?

Doug, do you know Candi as a business contact and or personally? You should ask her a few pointed questions. Possibly she won't have time for you either. I can tell you this without hesitation: She is not, has not, and does not have any travel agent credentials. Her business adresses are bogus. She has not been listed with the BBB, the Shepherdsville Chamber of Commerce, IATAN in the past 5 years, and no booking were placed with a major nationwide supplier within the past 5 years. She is a YTB recruiter and not a travel agent or travel pro.

Is there anything else you would like for me to disprove? You also notice that I did not use resort to using an obscenity to get this posted, this time anyway.

No, I am not Martha Burk. That lady is much more important than little ole me. She is well known in this city and has done a lot for the community. I've also never booked her travels.

Martha;

I don’t need to call anyone.

I have links to “documents” from the Secretary of State:

This document verifies Candi filed an Annual Report as late as March 08, 2005 for June 05 through June 06.

And this document verifies the 345 S. Buckman Street address was changed to 358 West Gate on 12/03/06.

Martha, you don’t get much more “credible” than forms filed with the Secretary of State now do you? Oh, but I’m sure you’ll figure out a way to spin this some how, some way. Admitting that you’re barking up the wrong tree just couldn’t be possible now could it?

By the way, yes, I know Candi very well. We’ve become great friends, and she knows more about the Travel Industry than anyone I’ve ever had the privilege of talking too. She’s a remarkable individual who so far has been right on the money.

The best part is, the further I dig, the more I realize just who is making stuff up and who is telling me the truth.

It’s been a really good weekend so far; please try to enjoy the rest of it.

I will. ;-P

You are right Doug, you don't have to call anyone. You don't have to investigate the truth. We've done that and what we've found stinks. I will give you this, I commend you on finding the link to the KY filing, but it proves nothing.

Here are some nagging questions I have:

1. No where on that filing does it say anything about a travel business. It's says it is listed as White & May, Inc. Have you ever heard of a travel agency that didn't have the word "travel" or "cruises" in it? It also shows Candi as the sole owner. Where does it list Travel Professionals 4u? Who is this White person? What type of business was it? We don't know. It could be any business or just a corporation set up for tax purposes.

2. There is no documentation from any source that confirms she was ever an owner of a travel agency. The only things I can locate are self created. Jigsaw is created by the owner or anyone.

3. I asked and you failed to address the KIVA issue. If Candi had been booking travel for KIVA for years, why was her YTB sponsor who is an officer at KIVA not the booking agent? If he was her sponsor, that isn't the way her presentation is put together about how she found YTB. Here is what she says on her website and you can listen to the presentation which is totally different: "I was asked to check out this company for a former client of mine. He wanted my advice and opinion. I agreed to do some research for him and what I found was the most intriguing business plan I have ever seen. I was so excited I could not sleep for weeks. This company had a plan that was brilliant to say the least: a compensation plan that is not a money game - but rewards my efforts up front - and a residual plan with numerous streams of income that assists me in building whatever income I desire without having to reinvent myself all the time."


4. Candi May says she owned 3 agencies at once. I could be wrong on that because I refuse to listen to that presentation again, but nevertheless, she still claims to have owned 3 agencies. She also makes it sound like they were big agencies. One was in an office building and the other was in a mall. What were the names and locations of these agencies? Is she counting the one in her home?

5. Why was she never listed with the BBB? Even a single owned small gas station is usually listed. There have been no listings under any of her names or under Travel Professionals (or 4u), White & May, or an owner with the name of Candi May.

6. No listings for any of her businesses or by her name with the Louisville or Shepherdsville Chamber of Commerce.

7. No IATAN listing for Candi May in over 4 years. I am unable to check CLIA.

8. No bookings from a travel agent named Candi May with 8 major suppliers that are nationwide. I can guarantee you that if she were a travel agent and owned an agency, she would have booked with one of these suppliers if she booked more than a trip to Branson.

9. No commissions were paid to an agent or an agency under the name of Candi May, Travel Professionals in KY, or White & May from either RCCL, Carnival, Costa, NCL or Princess in the past 4 to 5 years. I don't have access to any other lines.

10. I am unable to find any awards that were presented to a Candi May, but I did not check out YTB for obvious reasons.

11. You say "And this document verifies the 345 S. Buckman Street address was changed to 358 West Gate on 12/03/06." I will allow that it was a typo on the West Gate address (it's Westside Dr.), but the restaurant was in business in August of 2005 at the Buckman St. location. The dates don't jive. You can do a search of the restaurant and find out the date it was registered at that location.

These are only the main concerns. You said "The best part is, the further I dig, the more I realize just who is making stuff up and who is telling me the truth." Really Doug? Are you sure about that? Do you think I would spend my own time on this only to be proven wrong? I also only post on my own time, after work, before work, on breaks or my lunch. You might want to take my suggestion and give Candi a call with a few questions of your own. Prove me wrong. The only thing I can find on Candi's website that has a grain of truth to it is this: "If you're a lottery mentality person looking for a pot of gold to fall out of the sky, do us both a favor and answer someone else's ad. This is not your ticket." No where does it tell you what type of business it is, but she does claim you can be a millionaire and some other claims that cannot be substantiated.

That's my "spin" on it.

Doug & Ronda

I can’t tell you how grateful I am to both of you for all you do in helping us stay informed and sharing your experience with us. I feel like you are one of us and you give me hope and confidence that I can be where you are. I’ve only been with YTB for a little less than a year and when RCCL hit back in October I found your blog through my Power Team Leader. I’ve followed you ever since and it didn’t strike me until April that all the doom and gloom that was being projected never happened and both of us are still here.
I don’t know why some don’t trust anyone in YTB, and think if they truly got to know us, me, you, and Candi, they would have an entirely different view about just who we are and what we do. To think that we are evil and not honest can be uncomfortable, but they honestly don’t know any of us now do they?
I had an opportunity to speak with my Director over the phone about Candi and he said she was one of sharpest Directors we have. He also told me that she has a whole team of Travel Agents under her. Do you know if that’s true?
Anyway, I got your Newsletter today and I wanted to thank you for the Memorial Day salute to those that served, and also the travel training webinars you linked to. I just got the e-mail from the home office who registered me for about a dozen vendors last week.
Have a great weekend, and thank you for all you do!

Sara & James in NJ.

OUCH! I'd say that pretty much puts a lock on the address issue. Did Candi supply that or did you find it?

I notice there's nothing from Martha or John about this. Maybe they decided to enjoy the weekend together to see how to spin this? LOL!

Great job as always!

In John's defense Doug, maybe he doesn't know how domain forwarding works? I have a lot of team members who don't know you can do this.

Maybe he can Google how to do it? Or do you own that too? ;-P

Martha;

I really don’t want to spend my extended weekend feeding you proof that you “claim” to already have. You don’t prove something by asking a lot of questions and wait for me to answer them. If you have proof you should be able to provide it. That’s how it works.

A couple of your comments did bring up a chuckle.

“I refuse to listen to that presentation again”

Then just let it go and be done with it. Is it that hard? If you refuse to listen to or believe any part of it, why is it so important to you?

“Have you ever heard of a travel agency that didn't have the word "travel" or "cruises" in it?”

Hogg Robinson Group, Kintetsu International, Morris Murdock, Expedia, Priceline or Orbitz? All seem to be doing well too. (In the 2007 Power Listing aren’t they?)

“It could be just a corporation set up for tax purposes”

Ding-Ding-Ding! Give the woman a prize!

“If Candi had been booking travel for KIVA for years, why was her YTB sponsor who is an officer at KIVA not the booking agent?”

The words “former client” are words that have escaped you.

Follow along this time line:

- Roger booked Travel with Candi.

- Roger finds and joins YTB and starts booking for himself.

- Roger becomes a “former client”. (Key words there)

- Roger introduces Candi to YTB at the same time she is looking at getting out of the Travel Industry altogether due to former clients now booking on their own. (Remember Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, and Orbitz above?)

No IATAN listing for Candi May in over 4 years.

Both Candi and I would like to know how YOU can look up an IATA number without the number itself?

There is no documentation from any source that confirms she was ever an owner of a travel agency.

You are forgetting THE SOURCE which is Candi.

Martha, I've told you, Candi and I have been talking several times a week since the “Gang” has attempted to spin and sling mud at her good name. You want me to call lord knows who, but refuse to call Candi yourself? (You DO have the numbers right?)

Candi CC’ed me on a couple of e-mails she sent to John inviting him to call her. Candi also invited John to Louisville to show him around and introduce him to a number of people and all the locations she had. I’m sure she would do the same for you. Problem is she has no record of anyone contacting her other than John asking all kinds of questions and someone who turned out being a draft dodger who is now living in Canada.

Me thinks this isn’t about YOU finding out the truth however. It’s much more advantageous for you, John and the others to simply ask a bunch of silly and rather stupid questions in hopes that people won’t actually check into the validity.

Sara and James;

Thank you for the kind comments. Yes, your Director is correct, Candi does have a number of former Travel Agents on her team. I am also aware of others who work for suppliers, vendors, and even other hosts who now have YTB web sites. They obviously do not want to be brought to light at this time, and I promised I would not reveal just who they are because of the way Candi is being trashed by those who simply want to trash.

It’s been mentioned that we don’t do any type of travel training, so I don’t know what you’re talking about. (I’m kidding.) To think that vendors and suppliers wouldn’t offer the same type of training to us like they do the traditionalists is just more mud thrown out there to cast doubt.

Anon;

No I found the business permits myself. I happen to actually know where to look and what to look for thanks to actually talking to Candi. (Who knew?) It’s one of the reasons I keep asking these yucks to actually call Candi themselves.

But so far, neither Candi or I have been able to convince any of the mud slingers to actually call to confirm themselves.

Dale;

I will give you that it’s possible that John doesn’t know how domain forwarding works. I actually have a PDF I send in my 7 Day Quick Start Guide which explains how all this works.

It’s a valid point, and part of the problem in helping our Traditionalist figure out just how and why our model works so well.

OK, you win. Candi is real, has a bunch of credentials, and has booked millions upon millions in travel. That is correct, millions! I should know, I've spoken with numerous reps from the travel industry that have done checks on her and can't find one solitary booking using the name Candi May or any of those businesses. You don't seem to dispute that fact that there were no bookings through any major vendors. As I told you, I have connections through several supplier reps that are friends of mine. It's not an "I heard this." I had them check. They did. Nothing. 4 of those reps were in the office 2 weeks ago and tried to pull up Candi's name, former agencies, and bookings with no results. This was done at my desk. That is strange since we pulled up several other retired or merged agencies and a few agents that left the business. All were listed.

How can I find that Candi never had an IATA? Easy. I have access to the records also. Nothing!

I'll admit that you nailed me on the Orbitz, Expedia and the others. You got me, but those businesses are also highly advertised. If you were driving down the street and saw a banner for White & May, Inc., what would you think it was for? I don't believe it was a travel agency for a second and none of the documents filed show any relationship to a travel agency. That is a rehash though.

Candi has received 2 emails from me. 2. Not just 1, but 2. She ignored them because I asked her to please (yes, I used please) identify her former locations and the business names. I want it in writing, not a claim like she makes on her presentations. We are dealing with an MLM recruiter here. They are about as murky and slimy as the bottom of a supertanker after it's been drained. You have to admit that it's not a very honorable business since most fail, most are run by scammers, and need I go on? Have you ever heard of sites such as Worldwide Scam, MLM Watchdog, Ripoff Report and the hundreds of others? Need I mention the problems YTB has faced? Lost vendors, the RATS ripping off people, and the biggest one of all; IATAN.

Candi has embellished that resume to point of extreme. Even the documents you have posted that "prove" she was at that location on Buckman St. don't jive with the dates of the Country Cupboard. Check it out. It's on the internet with dated restaurant reviews. Naturally that's of no importance of proof to you because Candi said this and Candi said that. Candi also claims you can be a millionaire and barely work. Where have we heard this before?

Enough on that subject and on to the reply you gave the people that wrote after my post. You do travel training? What could possibly qualify you to train in the travel field? Do you have any related training? Were you ever a travel agent? Do you know anything about CRS, MCOs, debit memos, accounting, ARC, reporting, or anything in the travel field and the vast amount of knowledge you have to have to train someone? I don't believe you do or are you presenting your degree from YTB University? There is a big difference between a RAT, excuse me, a RTA and a travel agent. I know travel agents and you, Doug, are no travel agent.

To respond to the other person about not hearing from either John or myself, Doug's bog is moderated. He can and does decide what can and cannot be posted and when it will appear. We have no control as in equal time. If Doug believes the post is going to dispel any part of his business, he usually won't allow it in print on this bog. That is the reason I will not provide him with the documentation. He will not agree to post it. That is a major issue with me. But again, I'm just trying to stir up trouble and not allow Candi be another Seligman. At least we can see Candi on her presentation. Although nothing checks out, at least we know what she looks like and that is her real name.

Believe me or not, at least I do have more information than the garbage Candi and Doug are providing. They have no proof because it simply isn't true. Candi is a recruiter. Doug is a recruiter. If Candi was a travel agent, there are no records, no awards, no bookings listed with cruise lines or vendors. Doug is not and has never been a travel agent.

I would also like to comment on this posted by Doug: "It’s a valid point, and part of the problem in helping our Traditionalist figure out just how and why our model works so well." If it works so well Doug, then why haven't you advanced? Why do most RATS dump the program within a year? Why has the retention level been less than 80%? Why are vendors dropping YTB, why did IATAN ban YTB, and why do the majority lose money with YTB? With our current economy, I wouldn't recommend anyone go into the travel business without an established clientele.

MLM and TRAVEL: Giving a black eye to the traditionalists and public.

WOW. A lot of energy spent on Candi May this weekend huh? Too bad you couldn’t enjoy yourself like the rest of us. How odd that these illusions control you like they do.

And I do mean illusions…

Candi also claims you can be a millionaire and barely work. Where have we heard this before?

LOL! No she doesn’t and neither do I. Show me where either one of us have ever said that? A complete fabrication and a load of BS.

You do travel training? What could possibly qualify you to train in the travel field?

I never said that “I” do the training. The training mentioned is offered by vendors and suppliers. ;-P

Even the documents you have posted that "prove" she was at that location on Buckman St. don't jive with the dates of the Country Cupboard. Check it out. It's on the internet with dated restaurant reviews.

What dates Martha, I proved documentation for Candi’s dates, and all I can find for Country Cupboard dates back to March 2006. We’ve yet to see anything but “believe me” from you.

And no, we don’t believe you and I’m not going to look it up for you. You claim to have it, so anti up sweetie.

Let’s look at just a small list of lies from you so far.

I talked to a receptionist that had never heard of Candi and then the person that arranges the travel for KIVA.

Yet you had no idea that the founder and Director of KIVA is a member of YTB?

Her "brick and mortar" travel agency was listed as May and White as her home address and that was 6 years ago.

Was that a typo, meaning ’06 or did you actually mean 6 years ago?

If you ask me a direct question I can and will answer it if it's business related.

I’ve asked and asked and asked. You’ve responded with long winded dribble about us pitching that “You too can become a Millionaire”, yet not one shred of documentation to back even that statement up.

Martha…Dear…Sweetie…

Why is it so difficult now that you’ve been put on the spot to provide the “proof” you have? You said you had it. I’ve posted every piece of dysfunctional Anti-MLM Zealot piece of propaganda you’ve written on this thread. I don’t like to, but I’m willing to limit the unsubstantiated claims, the lies, and the dysfunctional behavior to this thread simply to prove to the rest of the class that you and the others don’t have a thing to back up what you claim to have.

I will give you this however.

Since you didn’t write any e-mails to Candi asking questions like you claim to have done, I passed along the comments you made here to her. We will be discussing later today what we can do to provide honest to goodness documentation. I think it’s only fair that I give Candi equal time and opportunity to provide her proof don’t you?

It should be interesting to see if she can do any better than you have.

I realize that doesn’t say much, based on not one link or documents you’ve been able to provide since Thursday.

If you want to blame it on the extended weekend, be my guest, but you said you already had it two weeks ago.

Last chance…It’s now or never.

Doug, just list Candi's travel awards and get this over!

1
2
3
4

If you don't know which awards, ask Candi.

Post them and they can be verified and this will go away!

I thought I pretty much spelled it out. I guess not. I assume you want printed documentation. Without an IATAN number being listed to her, I can't provide that because it doesn't exist. There are no listings for White & May with the BBB or Chamber of Commerce, so that doesn't exist. I could send you blank pages if you want. There are no travel bookings from Candi May or the names of the businesses she goes under, so more blank pages.

Excerpt from Candi's Recruiting page: "I am absolutely committed to assisting at least 100 more in achieving success in their own business and reaching millionaire status within the next 3-5 years... be one of them..."

and: "I usually work about 30 hours a week."

This from you: "Learn How To Become A Travel Agent"

The Country Cupboard has been at that location since 2005. It's on Yahoo for one. So right, your dates don't jive.

There you go. I could go on with the rest of my outright "lies," but I want to hear what Candi has to say now.

Since you asked, I had a wonderful weekend and it took me about 15 mintues out of my time to write what I did. I am a high school graduate after all. Isn't that 12 years more education than YTB requires? Now I have to get back to work. You should give that a try sometime. It does have it's rewards.

David;

Not right now.

Sorry.

Martha;

Thank you. That’s all I needed to see.

I would like to ask why you claimed to have proof when you actually had nothing. Why the spin, the time, the energy, threats and focus on the fact you could prove it when you couldn’t?

It’s one of the reasons I never posted any of you comments a while back because I knew that you didn’t have a single solitary thing to back it up.

I simply wanted to show people that you were actually full of yourself, and as we now see, you certainly didn’t disappoint.

I do have one last question for you.

Why didn’t you tell the rest of us about Kit & Ronnie? If you don’t know who they are, they happen to be Candi’s neighbors. Did you know that they actually worked next door to Candi as well? (They own the Country Cupboard Martha.) I also found out there is a Paint Shop on the other side of Candi’s former Agency, along with Beauty Shop. (Which Country Cupboard expanded into after a flood.)

Why the elaborate hoax?

There is a Directors meeting in Dallas tomorrow. Candi will be bringing actual documentation with her that I will have an opportunity to look over and we will decide what we will post, or what to release. (This will include the awards David.)

Stay tuned…Now that this saga has ended, we will know the truth about Candi May by this time next week.

Since you were unable to provide documentation, I guess it's left up to me, AGAIN, to clean up the trash left here.

No, never heard of her neighbors. I assume that Kit is Kathryn Parker then? You say I don't have anything on Candi. Wrong! I have plenty on her because everything she says doesn't exist except her boasts about her business. You said she never said anything about becoming a millionaire with YTB. Proved that wrong too, didn't I? I think I've also proven myself to be correct about you being a liar and a coward. Lying about becoming a travel agent and about posting anonymously on John's blog plus not posting all of comments which exposed the truth. You still won't put it in writing that you would publish my facts, have you? You won't either.

I will be waiting for Candi to provide you with the information so that "I (you) will have an opportunity to look over and we will decide what we will post, or what to release." What's not to release? The truth? You said I didn't send her any emails. I sent her 2. I asked her to please identify her former agencies and the times of operations. I asked nothing more than that. I hope she will disclose that information to you and you also might want to ask her if she's met this goal: "I am absolutely committed to assisting at least 100 more in achieving success in their own business and reaching millionaire status within the next 3-5 years... be one of them..."

Doug Sweatie (not misspelled), since you moderate your bog, you can pick and choose what you publish and what you edit. That is why I don't trust you, that and the fact that you're in MLM. How many times have you sold the travel agent or travel agency line to people? What is your retention rate of the RATS you recruited? Don't you feel guilty?

Now back to Candi for a second. I have print-outs from travel supplier's websites. Each time I've entered her name or White & May, it always returns the same thing: "Nothing found." For the other websites I can't access and have had the reps do it, they get the same results. Isn't that amazing?

So Doug Horny, I leave you with this little thought: You know that 70 trillion dollars spent each year on travel? I booked 60 trillion of it. Now that is something you would believe if Candi or YTB said it.

Until next week, I remain magnificent and will looking forward to what you "decide to release."

You say I don't have anything on Candi. Wrong!

OH – MY – GOD! Are we back to claims that you do again?

Which is it Martha?

Either you do or you don’t. This whole thing started because of your crying that “I have proof!” and since you wouldn’t shut up about it I gave you an opportunity put up or shut up, and the last comment by you said:

Without an IATAN number being listed to her, I can't provide that because it doesn't exist. There are no listings for White & May with the BBB or Chamber of Commerce, so that doesn't exist. I could send you blank pages if you want. There are no travel bookings from Candi May or the names of the businesses she goes under, so more blank pages.

So CAN you prove that she isn’t who she claims she is, or you CAN’T? Not providing anything but spin and lies isn’t proving a thing. It simply means that you’re unable to acquire information through proper channels.

You pitched your little temper tantrum about not being able to find any listing other than a home address for Candi and I provided documentation that she had a listing @ 345 S. Buckman Street.

Each time I've entered her name or White & May, it always returns the same thing: "Nothing found."

You still have no clue that “White & May” is the Corporation, the parent company, not the actual Agency name. Hard to find anything when you don’t even know what you’re looking for isn’t it? But I find a listing at the same 345 S. Buckman Street with WorldSpan under the name “Travel-Pro”. Simple when you know what you’re looking for. ;-P

I also find a link on Jigsaw complete with a Travel-Pro web site now linked to Candi’s Paradise Network Marketing site. Used to be linked to Travel Professionals International before they went belly up like the Tens of Thousands of other Agencies in the last decade. But you keep hanging in there Martha, it will all come back to you and you alone.

All I get from you is it doesn’t prove a thing, excuses and more questions because you simply can’t admit that you’ve been upped by an MLM’er. (Proof being all the personal attacks, which are only used when people have nothing left.)

I have no problem with someone being proud of what they do for a living. (I admire it in fact.) But to the point that you won’t admit that you’ve been outsmarted, outwitted, and out proven time and time again is just plain stubborn or stupid.

I’m tired of listening to your dribble and crying about “nothing”. You’re so hard up and constipated about this company, you wouldn’t realize the truth if it hit you over the head with 414.5 Million Tons of cement which is sinking you so fast your drowning in your own bucket of tears from crying so much about how bad things are now that the industry is overrun by a bunch of MLM’ers.

So you’re welcome to go cry and moan to someone who actually believes your lies and spin about having proof, or that your some type of “Network Marketing Expert” who will fall for any source simply because you can “Google” it. I realize your single goal in life is to save the world from the evils of YTB and MLM liars and cowards like me.

You'd think you'd be able to sell some travel to keep you occupied, but I see that's no longer doing the trick. (Or just not possible because your clients are now booking without the need of your "services".)

Here, you’re just plain full of it and because I’ve posted every one of the lame, meaningless, lengthy comments in this thread which have done nothing but attack, complain, deflect, ignore, and reject cold hard facts that prove you have no clue about me, Candi, YTB, or MLM.

Forgive me if I require some sort of respect, intelligence, truth, and documentation here.

In case you didn’t notice, this is a Pro-YTB Blog.

I’m an adult, I have a mind and life of my own, I have a family to support, and I choose YTB to recruit and YTB Travel Network sell travel services. I'm proud of what I do and who I've been able to help in this business. It’s worked for me for the last three years, and to think some tired grumpy old Agent is going to change that...you simply don’t have that kind of power or influence, especially when you show nothing but dysfunctional and deranged comments about MLM and your YTB lies and spin.

That being said… I know this will aggravate the hell out of you and the rest of handful of TTA’s who don’t do anything but play the “poor victim” cards all day, every day, simply because it makes you feel powerful or strong, your last comment was the last call for what ever you've been drinking that's done nothing more than cloud your thinking and reasoning.

You've just been cut off here.

This Bar is now closed to Martha.

About Us

  • We're TravelPro
  • AKA: TravelPro
  • From Hot-Lanta!, Georgia, United States
  • YTB Travel Network is 130,000 Agents strong. Join a winning group of Travel and Networking Professionals who share effective ways to sell more travel, market effectively, attract quality people, and how to train those people to capture a bigger piece of our $7 Trillion Dollar Industry. Just Picture It Now!
Our profile

View my page on The YTB Travel Family

Top Travel Blogs 

  Submit Your Site To The Web's Top 50 Search Engines for Free! Add to Technorati Favorites

Who links to me?