« Home | Hitting The Political Landscape... » | Behind Closed Doors... » | The "Happy File"... » | MNF Not What It Use To Be... » | Contrary To What You May Have Heard » | Bummer... » | Kids Will Be Kids » | Travel Weekly Summit Announced » | Heads Up! » | Stop Worrying and Get to Work »

"Write" on Course...

Late last week I wrote about creating a “Happy File” which is simply a collection of testimonials which can do wonders in keeping you positive, upbeat, and moving in the right direction. Since that post, I’ve received several more e-mails about how much people appreciate what I do on this blog and the newsletter.

Harv Ecker taught me years ago that if you’re going to do anything, do it in a big way. My intent has always been to help thousands of people, and over the last year, I’ve seen that idea come to life. I remember agonizing over the perceived risk I was taking about posting what was going on with Royal Caribbean a year ago. To be honest, I had my doubts (as I’m sure we all did) about just how many suppliers would follow in Royal Caribbean’s footsteps. I find it amusing today that when anyone writes about “all the vendors” that cut YTB off, that’s exactly how it’s worded. Why? Because it doesn’t sound very good if they actually told the truth and let it be known that there were only two other small suppliers, (Perillo and Celtic) who reacted hastily in the days following.

Since November, not one other vendor has made the same error in judgment.

That’s not to say that there hasn’t been plenty to write about over the last year, or my three plus years I’ve been posting here. But it’s really been the last year that this blog has taken on a life of its own. I’ve had plenty of help, from both sides of the fence. One side appreciates me, and another side seems to have this fascination about my waste size. All things considered, waste size is a good thing because it shows they can’t argue facts.

Like the supplier I described earlier this week, we find critic concerns and questions have less and less value as we move far beyond critic fears and misconceptions and move on with our lives, and business.

As a side note: I did see that the “employee” of the supplier was so angered over exposing what his employer really thinks, that he put his fist through his monitor. You may recall my argument that they do an outstanding job of ruining their own reputations. A fist through a monitor (although used simply as an expression) should be noted as a very good example.

Any-who…

While a small group of critics will gather this weekend to discuss YTB, both privately, or on a public forum, tens of thousands of YTB RTA’s will be upgrading and watching video clips from Marc Mancini, CLIA, Carnival and others who have taken the time to help us produce an online travel training program specifically designed for us. Gone are the days of the “recruiters” who some claim don’t know squat about travel.

Part of what I enjoy so much about YTB, aside from the great relationships I’ve been able to form, is the journey. To see how far this company has come and the uncharted territory is exhilarating. It’s not always easy, and there have been a number of surprises along the way. Since the days of Bill Alverson’s TravelMax back in 1996 when it all started, there hasn’t been a Travel MLM who has even sniffed at the levels of success and stature of YTB.

As we’ve moved into these uncharted territories and bumped into the obstacles and land mines put in place to trip us up, I’ve been impressed with how we’ve managed to navigate our way through. I booked a few clients on Carnival’s refurbished Destiny that set sail out of Miami for Key West and Cozumel yesterday. Little do they realize that when a cruise ship exits the port for its intended port of call, it constantly needs to make adjustments during the entire cruise. Very natural conditions such as winds, current, and storms can and will take a ship off course if it’s not monitored on a regular basis.

YTB as a business model is no different. Market conditions, suppliers, and even critics have to be monitored and adjustments need to be made along the way to insure that we reach our intended destination.

Last year this blog took a change of course and while the risk was high and the waters have been very turbulent at times, the feedback I’m getting has been overwhelming. Imagine my surprise when I had another item to add to the “Happy File” on our GEM Team conference call Wednesday night with the CEO of YourTravelBiz.com, Scott Tomer.

I’ll have the complete call for all the RTA’s in the Newsletter this weekend, but wanted to file this clip in the “Happy File” to remind me that I’m right on course.


PS - If you’d like to keep up to date with all the latest news, acquisitions, and developments with YTB feel free to sign up for my FREE Newsletter. Just like here, it’s loaded with food, water and sunshine to grow your YTB business.

Doug & Ronda Bauknight
AKA: TravelPro
Travel Agent / Networker

Phone: 678.458.5812


Learn How To Become A Travel Agent
Image

Book Your Travel & Vacations With


Travel Reservations: 1.800.243.4450

RTA #24635

Labels: , , , , ,

About Us

  • We're TravelPro
  • AKA: TravelPro
  • From Hot-Lanta!, Georgia, United States
  • YTB Travel Network is 130,000 Agents strong. Join a winning group of Travel and Networking Professionals who share effective ways to sell more travel, market effectively, attract quality people, and how to train those people to capture a bigger piece of our $7 Trillion Dollar Industry. Just Picture It Now!
Our profile

View my page on The YTB Travel Family

Top Travel Blogs 

  Submit Your Site To The Web's Top 50 Search Engines for Free! Add to Technorati Favorites

Who links to me?