« Home | Another Resounding Thud? Not Quite... » | So Much Better On-Line » | The Hokey Pokey... » | On a Scale of 1-10... » | Happy Easter... » | The Easter Egg Hunt... » | A Kick-Butt Approach to a Better Life... » | Your Lucky Day... » | Thanks For Sharing... » | The World As I See It »

What Do Critics REALLY Know?

Well, I've finally pulled it off. I've just written and released my first book entitled "What the Critics Know about YTB". This is a “tell all” book on how to handle the Critics, Skeptics, Cynics, and Naysayers out there who have nothing better to do with their time than throw a bunch of mud up on the wall to see what sticks.

I came up with the concept and “how to guide” very early on Sunday morning while reading, and when the inspiration struck, I knew I had to share this with everyone I could in YTB. You’ll find it in today’s monthly newsletter, along with some other news from the last month, travel training information, and other key events coming up. If you’re in YTB, and want to be kept up to date, please feel free to subscribe, I’d love to have you on the list.


I asked Tim & Georgia Dominey, two close friends and mentors who also happen to be Level 2 Directors with the company to write the "Foreword" for my new book and I'm making a copy available to you for today for FREE! I encourage you to take the time to read this book concerning what to do and what to say to those who are slinging mud. Many have found my message direct, to the point, and dead on concerning many of the issues and negativity being thrown YTB's way with this step by step guide on how to handle the critics.

The timing couldn't be more perfect today, as YTB filed its 2007 Annual Report with the SEC yesterday with a hefty $3.2 Million PROFIT for the year. Revenues increased a total of 177% over 2006 numbers. Other notable increases were Marketing Commission of $80.5 Million up 169% and Travel Commission paid to our RTA's reached $13.4 Million, an increase of 174%.

It should be noted that while only commissions are paid to our RTAs’ booking of travel services are reflected as a component of our revenues in our financial statements, YTB also keep track of the aggregate “retail value of all travel services” that are booked by our RTAs (which directly impacts our commission revenues). The value of such travel services increased 83.7% in 2007 to over $414,000,000, from approximately $225,000,000 in 2006. (Placing bets currently on how long this $414 Million will be spun into “fees”. Hummmmmmm)


This also marks three straight profitable quarterly reports and 2007 marks the first full year of profitability! Whoo Hooo!

In anticipation of our positive Annual Report our stock is also up considerably yesterday afternoon with 1.19 Million shares being traded after critics, cynics and naysayers had left us for dead.

I put this quote just below my dedication in my new book which I just love.

"Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated
~ Samuel Langhorn Clemens, a.k.a. Mark Twain, May, 1897 in a note to the New York Journal.

Speaking of the stock we are now current with our periodic reports under the Exchange Act; so we intend to have our common stock quoted on the OTC-BB once again and to thereafter apply for listing on a national securities exchange. AMEX would require a price of no less than $5 per share from my understanding.

And if all this STILL wasn’t enough for ya’ll, it appears that Mr. Kim Sorenson is firing back a couple shots at IATA through YTB’s legal department.

In a
Travel Weekly report YTB has asked the commissioner for the U.S., James Johnstone, for clear permission to continue using its numeric code number, which was assigned by ARC, with the understanding that YTB agrees not to represent itself as an IATA agency. Kim Sorensen was also quoted that making the code available to contractors was "the same as what any host agency has done." By implication, he raised the question: Why was YTB terminated when others were not?

In documents filed with the commissioner, YTB offered its answer. It accused IATA of enforcing its standards belatedly "as a pretense to quash competitive activity." Please note the article next to YTB fight against IATA as the travel agency commissioner in Canada declined to uphold BNW's termination there, while IATA said it "respectfully disagrees" with parts of the commissioner's decision. However, IATA said the decision "makes crystal-clear that no person or entity has the right to display the IATA numeric code or IATA's trademarks and service marks on in-house ID-cards or other credentials."


Sound familiar?

You Bet!

Do you think you might be able to either sell some Travel or maybe put someone in the business based on all this good news?

Me too! Let’s “Get ‘er done!”


Doug & Ronda Bauknight
AKA: TravelPro
Travel Agent / Networker

Phone: 678.458.5812


Learn How To Become A Travel Agent
Image

Book Your Travel & Vacations With


Travel Reservations: 1.800.243.4450

RTA #24635

Labels: , , , , ,

Congratulations! What a funny book! I have to admit, I was about to post that you made a mistake and then I got it.

A true Seinfeld moment.

Will you be selling this on Amazon with the rest of your favorite authors?

Chuck

LOL! I've already have 2 e-mails this morning telling me I DID make a mistake. I'll let them have some more coffee before I tell them. ;P

I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Hey Doug - I thought you were done wasting your time and energy on your critics?

I guess you can't stay away, eh?

Seems your falling back into your old ways - some of those anti-TTA thoughts still swirling around in your head?

Nice.

But it's 'FOREWORD', not 'Forward' (unless that's a play on words).

Noun 1. foreword - a short introductory essay preceding the text of a book

Brilliant! I will have to add this to my packets for my new RTAs.

LOL! A book about nothing!

You are so funny sometimes. Thanks for the great laugh. Happy April Fools Day!

Shawn

The 101 pages offer advice almost as useful as this blog! Hope you did not get a hemorrhage emptying your brain for those last 99 pages!

LOL! I was just about ready to post a comment that there was nothing past the chapter one page and I see that nothing is the message! Got me hook line and sinker!

Doug, you really should consider writing a book, you are very talented. Funny too!

Thanks for the great laugh!

My, you can certainly tell who are TTA’s and who are YTB’ers can’t you?

Seems to me Doug is over it Anon. I never get to see his name anywhere but here anymore. Yet he must be playing in your head since you have to get your TravelPro fix.

Great post Doug, as always.

PS – Did you see how the Press Release pointed out the $414 Million in “Travel Sales”. Shouldn’t be ANY QUESTIONS this year in what are “fees” and what are “travel sales”.

Didn't someone do something like this before, but with a real book? I want to say it was something like "What Men Know About Women". She sold over 1 million copies for a bunch of blank pages! Talk about a Marketing Genius.

Yes, and her name is Cindy Cashman and she’s exactly the inspiration that hit when I was reading her story in Joe Vitale’s and Craig Perrine’s new book “Inspired Marketing”.

I was reading her story and thought why didn’t I come up with that? And all of the sudden I did! LOL! The idea for this book just came to me and I figured why not? I was intending to release the book Sunday morning, but then it dawned on me that today was April Fools. A great combination ehh?

Cindy is out of this world. In fact she has plans of being the first marriage in space, scheduled for 2010!

I'm curious how many of the 101 pages were inspired by MJ363.

All the beautiful memories.

April Fools

I heard about this IATA article and you were the first one that came up in my search. I’ve been spending the afternoon reading many of your articles and wanted to thank you for providing all this information here. You appear to know this business very well and the links and documentation is a real gold mine. I can see why you are ranked so high. I have bookmarked you site and will continue to come back for more of your insight. I love your style.

Thank you again for all you do.

Annette B.

You really should write a book Doug. (And not one about “nothing”.)

Vivian

Word of your new book is spreading! I got two e-mails and a phone call about it while I was at work. I think it could make New York Times Best Sellers list with this book! LOL! I like Amy’s idea of giving this to new team members. You said we couldn’t sell this but do you mind if we give this away? Really?

Anon;

Yes, it’s completely fine to give this book away to team members. I’m honored that you would want to do so.

This cute joke, has apparently struck a nerve within our company and while it is funny, many are finding that its message is very accurate.

Have you seen this article?

http://seekingalpha.com/article/70853-ytb-international-wall-street-s-next-online-travel-darling

I wonder how many shares JF will be buying?

Chapter One:
So…
What Do They REALLY Know?

Bravo Doug! I really enjoyed reading chapter one. But don't you think it was a little too short? ;>)

We are looking foreword to you first book signing.

Regards,

olescorekeeper

Post a Comment

About Us

  • We're TravelPro
  • AKA: TravelPro
  • From Hot-Lanta!, Georgia, United States
  • YTB Travel Network is 130,000 Agents strong. Join a winning group of Travel and Networking Professionals who share effective ways to sell more travel, market effectively, attract quality people, and how to train those people to capture a bigger piece of our $7 Trillion Dollar Industry. Just Picture It Now!
Our profile

View my page on The YTB Travel Family

Top Travel Blogs 

  Submit Your Site To The Web's Top 50 Search Engines for Free! Add to Technorati Favorites

Who links to me?