« Home | Got To Go Go... » | Martha's Resolution » | Texas Tea » | Black Gold » | The Royal Shaft » | Looking for Food... » | Some "Light" Reading... » | In Remembrance of Those Who Serve » | Where's The Beef? » | Know Your Market... »

Panda-Monium

Back from vacation and ready to head into our National Convention with great anticipation and optimism. It was very refreshing to get away with family and spend time with those that are closest to me. I rarely get to see a movie in theatres these days, and when I do get a chance, it’s usually because the kids want to see it. You have to be living in some sort of cave these days if you haven’t seen the marketing for Kung Fu Panda. Even McDonald’s is in on the action and I had the pleasure of listening to “Po the Panda” and his Kung Fu “Hee-Yah” last Sunday as we headed out on our vacation.

With the temperatures being so hot last week, a movie matinee was just the ticket for the kids, so we headed to the local theatre to catch the latest DreamWorks Animation.

While I always enjoy DreamWorks movies, they are never movies for me that are “must see” type films. (Pixar on the other hand are “must see”.) After actually seeing Kung Fu Panda however, I found a couple of underlying themes that I believe would benefit anyone who has a dream to better themselves, no matter what it is. (Of course that would include those of us in YTB.)

At the beginning of the movie, Po is dreaming of becoming a great Kung Fu Master along side his idols, the legendary Furious Five. In his dream, Po’s enemies would go blind from over-exposure to pure awesomeness! (Jack Blacks best line in the movie.) Like many of the DreamWorks pictures that we’ve either seen or own on DVD these days, there are plenty subplots that adults would not only understand, but enjoy.

Po is the laziest animals in all of the Valley of Peace, but as the movie advances, Po unwittingly becomes the “chosen one” when enemies threaten their way of life and is picked to become the Dragon Warrior by the oldest and wisest Master in the Valley of Peace, Oogway.

While Oogway has chosen Po, others claim “You don't belong here," like the Furious Five, predictably. (But Po is just tickled to meet his idols.) Nor does Po want to hear his dad's warning: “We are noodle folk! Broth runs through our veins!” And Master Shifu does not believe that a big ball of butter like Po could possibly be the true Dragon Warrior.

What was interesting to me was the Po didn’t realize from the beginning the he “couldn’t do it”. Learning Kung Fu was something he always wanted to do and he honestly believed that he could be a Kung Fu Warrior like his idols. It wasn’t until his first day of training that he realized that dreaming about doing something and actually doing it were two separate things.

Shifu, Po’s Kung Fu Master, finally figures out just how to train Po in Kung Fu using his favorite thing in the world…food. It was then that Po starts to look like a real Dragon Warrior.

After training Po, Shifu decides the time has come for Po to receive the Dragon Scroll and learn the secret to limitless power. The five and Shifu watch in awe as Po opens the Scroll, only to find out that it’s blank. With Oogway now gone, the group assumes there is no “secret” to Limitless Power.

Po goes home feeling discouraged. To help Po feel better his dad explains that the secret ingredient in his secret soup.

“To make something special, you just have to believe it is special.”

Po looks at the reflection in the blank Scroll and then understands. To become a true Dragon Warrior, he has to BELIEVE he is the Dragon Warrior. Po makes up his mind to fight, and save the Valley of Peace from Tai Lung, the arch villain in the movie.

I couldn’t help but think about my own experience in life when others try to tell me that something couldn’t be done. I don’t have the knowledge. I don’t have the proper training. I’m not with the right company.

What made last week so special for me was that everywhere I turned, I was either being told in a movie, reading in a book, or hearing my family, that I could be, do, and have anything I want. There are no limits to what I (or you) can do if we only believe we can do it.

As I look outside in my front yard and see the grass that I need to cut today, I also notice a maple tree that we planted some 11 years ago when we first moved in. Back then it was nothing more that a twig. Today it’s almost as tall as the house and offers a great centerpiece to our front yard. I remember reading some years ago in “Secrets of the Millionaire Mind” that if an Oak Tree had the mind of a human, it would only grow to 10 feet tall.

I could have tried to tell the grass to stop growing while I was away, but it wouldn’t have listened. Nature doesn’t work like that, and like the grass that grows, I choose to be part of nature. If I simply feed, water, and provide plenty of sunshine, I will continue to grow as well. It’s one of the reasons I love YTB and the Leadership. Coach may not be a Kung Fu Master, but he certainly knows how to be a Master of Life. I’ve read enough from my favorite Authors to the right here to know that Coach not only understands, but lives his life the way these men do, and the principles, life lessons and teachings are universal no matter who you are or what you do.

One of the most meaningful lines in the movie for me was quoted by Oogway, the wise Master of Masters, and I’d like to share it with you in closing.

“Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift. That's why they call it 'the present.”


If you’d like to keep up to date with all the latest news, acquisitions, and developments with YTB feel free to sign up for my FREE Newsletter. Just like here, it’s loaded with food, water and sunshine to grow your YTB business.

Doug & Ronda Bauknight
AKA: TravelPro
Travel Agent / Networker

Phone: 678.458.5812


Learn How To Become A Travel Agent
Image

Book Your Travel & Vacations With


Travel Reservations: 1.800.243.4450

RTA #24635

Labels: , , ,

Welcome back, Doug, and I'm glad you enjoyed your vacation. Great blog today and THANK YOU for not having any anti-john crap today. I've been over on his site this last week and talk about a continous pity party! When will it ever end?

Anyway, it's great to come here for a cool refreshing drink of positivity and how we can all rise to our greatness within us.

Welcome back Doug! Sure did miss you last week.

Did you enjoy your vacation?

I took our kids the weekend it opened. Po was written for Jack Black. I laughed all the way through the movie.

I agree with having something for the adults too. There is a lot we can learn from Kung Fu and the eastern mindset. Self discipline, inner peace, wisdom, you name it.

Glad to see you're back posting again. I missed your posts last week. You said you were going to do some reading, and writing. You never mentioned going to the movies. LOL!

I'm looking forward to reading some good clean, honest, and intellegent information from someone who is "in the know".

Dale

Thanks folks, it’s good to be back. I enjoyed my time away from everything and it’s time to get going for National Convention!

Post a Comment

Top Travel Blogs 

  Submit Your Site To The Web's Top 50 Search Engines for Free! Add to Technorati Favorites

Who links to me?