« Home | You Think YOU Have Problems... » | Panda-Monium » | Got To Go Go... » | Martha's Resolution » | Texas Tea » | Black Gold » | The Royal Shaft » | Looking for Food... » | Some "Light" Reading... » | In Remembrance of Those Who Serve »

Buh-Bye

One day a man rushed up to Socrates, saying “I have some news to tell you!”

Socrates put up his hand to stop the excited man.

“First let me ask you three questions.” Socrates said.

“Ah, er, okay” said the man.

“Is the news you are about to tell me something you personally know to be true?”

“Well no,” replied the man. “I heard it from a good source though.”

“Then let’s go to the second question” Socrates said “Is the news you want to tell me about someone you know personally?”

“Well no,” the man said “But I think you know the person.”

“I see” said Socrates “Then let me ask you my final question. Is this news positive or negative?”

“Well, it’s negative”

“Let me see now,” said the wise Socrates, “You want to tell me some news that you don’t know personally to be true, about someone you don’t know at all, and that is negative”

“Well it sounds bad when you put it like that!”

“I think I’ll pass.” Socrates said.

Socrates was a very wise man. You may have noticed in recent posts that there aren’t many comments on this blog, and I realize that I’ve been scorned time and time again for “moderating” the comments. If I don’t find any truth, value, or relevance concerning the comment, it’s simply rejected.

I’m sorry to say that I’ve had to reject a plethora of comments here as of late. When I came home from vacation, I found several comments that I wasn’t actually on vacation and I was posting “anonymously” on various blogs and forums. I couldn’t possibly put YTB or this blog down for an entire week because I’m obsessed with recruiting and I’m too much of a “fake” (my own tamed down description by the way) to actually spend any real time with family.

Before I left on vacation I was bombarded with comments concerning Candi May who some claimed was a “fake” as well. While clearing up all the myths, lies, and half truths took some time, I have to give credit to Martha for finally making amends concerning her misunderstanding.

During my vacation last week, I did something Brian Tracy calls Zero Based Thinking. I realize there are people who believe that allowing any and all comments here would be the right thing to do; I however put this belief on trail so to speak.

The bottom line for me is this: If I know for a fact that a belief is nothing more than false why should I feel compelled to post the comment that spreads this false belief?

I know all about the rumors, myths and lies, and I’ve asked point blank for years for documentation to prove what some have claimed as fact. Things like “all Network Marketing Companies eventually collapse and run out of suckers”. Yet Mary Kay, Avon, Tuperware and Fuller Brush are still going strong. (All more than 50 years old by the way.) I’ve been told that Coach, Scott and Kim are “gassing up the corporate jet ready to fly off into the sunset to go rape some other industry”. Yet in 30 years they’ve been involved with just two companies, A.L. Williams and YTB. I’ve been told that suppliers hate YTB, but it sure doesn’t sound that way to me when I listen to the Training Calls on Thursday nights or see them at industry Trade Shows.

What’s even more disheartening is how vicious, foul, and demeaning some of the comments are. Why people feel compelled to treat another human being like this is somewhat foreign to me. All I know about this type of behavior is that it’s used as a last resort when someone feels they have nothing left to fight back. They can’t attack the facts with documentation of their own, so they resort to attacking the person.

Therefore, I’m sorry to say, that I have decided to close the comments of this blog. While I appreciate the positive aspects of this blog and the people that support YTB and my free Newsletter, I simply don’t have the time or inclination to even read the other half of the comments which is nothing more than filth and negativity. My mind and this blog is not a garbage can like some others I’ve seen.

I don’t even read some of the old watering holes much any more. When I came back from vacation, I did read John’s blog and other than getting a good laugh at how I supposedly was gone and then magically appeared mid week to post “anonymously” again while on vacation, there really wasn’t anything worth reading. It was interesting how I was more topical than the actual subjects being posted all week long.

I guess I learned something from Candi May in this whole process. Why these people feel compelled to save the world from their own fears and limiting beliefs is a mystery, and I don’t have the time or inclination to find out why. Another Zero Based Thinking strategy that I concluded was their own problem and it speaks more about them than it does about me.

I’m completely powerless over what’s posted elsewhere on the Internet, and trying to educate those that have no interest learning anything new or changing their limiting dysfunctional beliefs and behavior is a complete waste of time. They seem to think that being argumentative works for them. (Who knew?)

They may eventually get a clue that YTB isn’t going anywhere and neither am I. In the meantime, my time is better served dealing with people who understand basic business practices and success principles that have been around for thousands of years. Nor can I change the past three years of my experience with this company to conform to what others outside of the industry or company are attempting to tell me how things are.

So, for those that have given positive feedback here, I sincerely thank you and I apologize for not giving you a voice here to express what you have experienced with our company.

For those that find this upsetting and unfair that you can no longer spend the amount of time you have here in the past physically typing and posting your limiting beliefs...

Too bad - So sad - Buh-Bye.

PS - If you’d like to keep up to date with all the latest news, acquisitions, and developments with YTB feel free to sign up for my FREE Newsletter. Just like here, it’s loaded with food, water and sunshine to grow your YTB business.

Doug & Ronda Bauknight
AKA: TravelPro
Travel Agent / Networker

Phone: 678.458.5812


Learn How To Become A Travel Agent
Image

Book Your Travel & Vacations With


Travel Reservations: 1.800.243.4450

RTA #24635

Labels: , , ,

Top Travel Blogs 

  Submit Your Site To The Web's Top 50 Search Engines for Free! Add to Technorati Favorites

Who links to me?